Solved

Identity and Privacy Protected Websites

• 18 August 2013
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 3
I just noticed that my protected websites under the Identity and Privacy tab have all disappeared.  How can I reinstall them back to the defaults, and why  did they disappear? The proteceted applications are ok. I am using Firefox 23.0.1.
icon

Best answer by JimM 23 August 2013, 17:01

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 7
You can reset the protected websites to defaults by using "Reset to Defaults."

Unless you had manually added some websites however, the default settings do not list individual websites.  Rather it appears as it does in the screenshot above, with settings for HTTP, HTTPS, Facebook, and Twitter.  If you had added sites manually, it's possible they could have disappeared if you have already hit "Reset to Defaults."  Sites might also be missing if you uninstalled and reinstalled.

It's also possible that you might be confusing this list with the Web Threat Shield list found under Settings > Advanced Settings > Web Threat Shiled > View Websites.  Please check to see if your sites are listed in that shield.
Userlevel 3
Thanks for the quick solution. I haven't added any sites or changed anything. It was just blank when I checked it last. I did use the 'Reset to Defaults' button and it did bring everything back again. 😃 I have no idea why they all disappeared, but I'm glad they were easy to restore. The only scenerio I could think of, is something happened when Firefox updated.

There were no websites listed when I opened Web Threat Shields.
Userlevel 5
Badge +24
Does this feature support all browsers?
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@dtouch wrote:
Does this feature support all browsers?
I can't say for sure as the Online Helpfile still says: https://detail.webrootanywhere.com/agenthelp.asp?n=Managing_Identity_Protection

The Identity shield supports the following browsers:
  • Internet Explorer 7.0 and higher (32-bit only)
  • Mozilla Firefox 3.6 and higher (32-bit only)
  • Google Chrome 10 and higher
  • Opera 9 and higher (32-bit only)
Maybe other Browsers will be supported in the 2014 product line?

TH
Userlevel 5
Badge +24
What about other Mozilla or Chrome builds?
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
I have heard that some other chrome base browsers work but to be (officially supported) a Webroot Staff Member would know more. ;)

TH
Userlevel 7
Alternative browsers based on Firefox and Chrome seem to have a pretty good success rate in terms of the Identity Shield functioning properly with them, but the only ones officially supported are the ones mentioned above in Triple Helix's post.
Userlevel 5
Badge +24
But I guess it wont work for 64bit builds of Firefox like waterfox..
Userlevel 7
That's true.