cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Guide

Install request from Webroot

I was watching a video on youtube and all of the sudden the video was replaced with my desktop. (I could still hear the video, but I was looking at my desktop and in the middle of the desktop was a dialogue from the operating system asking if I wanted to let Webroot make changes to this computer. I hesitated. Because that ususally doesn't happen. But it said it was Webroot and it showed the green icon. So I said OK and the dialog went away. I saw two webroot icons on the task bar and when I put my mouse over them, the one went away and the other one said it was scanning. I opened up Webroot and it was indeed scanning. And it found nothing. Afterwards I scanned again. And it said there were no threats. So I think it was legitimate. But still I can't say that I've had this happen before. I can here to check if anyone else had this happen, but didn't find any other posts.

3 REPLIES
Bronze VIP

Re: Install request from Webroot

Hello @Kev914,

Look in this Folder to see if there is a Webroot .DMP file C:\ProgramData\WRData Folder if there is that would tell me that WSA crashed and restarted by seeing two WSA Icons in the system tray and one would disappear after a few seconds.

HTH,

Daniel Bow.gif  “Truth is more of a stranger than fiction.” (Mark Twain)

EPA.giforiginal (6).png   

original.png Microsoft® Windows Insider MVP - Windows Security beta_tester_transparent.png

Alienware 17R5 Laptop with the new i9-8950HK Processor Overclock-able to 5.0GHz - 2 Samsung 960 Pro PCIe NVMe M.2 512GB + 1 Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD's with 32GB of G.SKILL Ripjaws RAM and NVIDIA GTX 1080 GPU Overclocked. Windows 10 Pro for Workstations 1809 x64.

Community Guide

Guess that must be what happened. I do see a DMP file dated yesterday.

Bronze VIP

@Kev914 wrote:

Guess that must be what happened. I do see a DMP file dated yesterday.

Contact Support to see if they want the DMP file and if they do they will send you the WSAlogs.exe utility!

Thanks,

Daniel Bow.gif  “Truth is more of a stranger than fiction.” (Mark Twain)

EPA.giforiginal (6).png   

original.png Microsoft® Windows Insider MVP - Windows Security beta_tester_transparent.png

Alienware 17R5 Laptop with the new i9-8950HK Processor Overclock-able to 5.0GHz - 2 Samsung 960 Pro PCIe NVMe M.2 512GB + 1 Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD's with 32GB of G.SKILL Ripjaws RAM and NVIDIA GTX 1080 GPU Overclocked. Windows 10 Pro for Workstations 1809 x64.