Solved

Install request from Webroot

• 3 October 2018
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +19
I was watching a video on youtube and all of the sudden the video was replaced with my desktop. (I could still hear the video, but I was looking at my desktop and in the middle of the desktop was a dialogue from the operating system asking if I wanted to let Webroot make changes to this computer. I hesitated. Because that ususally doesn't happen. But it said it was Webroot and it showed the green icon. So I said OK and the dialog went away. I saw two webroot icons on the task bar and when I put my mouse over them, the one went away and the other one said it was scanning. I opened up Webroot and it was indeed scanning. And it found nothing. Afterwards I scanned again. And it said there were no threats. So I think it was legitimate. But still I can't say that I've had this happen before. I can here to check if anyone else had this happen, but didn't find any other posts.
icon

Best answer by TripleHelix 3 October 2018, 04:28

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +63
Hello @,

Look in this Folder to see if there is a Webroot .DMP file C:ProgramDataWRData Folder if there is that would tell me that WSA crashed and restarted by seeing two WSA Icons in the system tray and one would disappear after a few seconds.

HTH,
Userlevel 5
Badge +19
Guess that must be what happened. I do see a DMP file dated yesterday.
Userlevel 7
Badge +63
@ wrote:
Guess that must be what happened. I do see a DMP file dated yesterday.
Contact Support to see if they want the DMP file and if they do they will send you the WSAlogs.exe utility!

Thanks,