Solved

Keystroke issues gonna give me a stroke

I have 3 Acer Aspire 5534 laptops that upon installing Webroot on each one, I've encountered keyboarding problems - specifically, there seems to be intermitent lags between when I tap a few keys and when those letters appear, and almost invariably, when those lags happen, the characters I've typed appear in jumbled order.  Occasionally it requires me to spend two or three times the time typing something because of the volume of typos.  Sometimes I'll instead opt to use my phone or ipad because Webroot garbles my messages so badly. 

What can be done to remedy this?
icon

Best answer by JamesG 12 May 2015, 22:15

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
@,

Welcome to the Webroot Community.

I apologize for the issues that you are describing.

This sounds like it could be related to the Identiy Shield within Webroot. Have you tried toggling this shield off to see if the issue persists?

I would advise creating a support ticket or giving our support team a call so that we can gather logs from the system and see what is happening. It could be caused by monitoring but I believe this to be related to the Identity Shield.

Support Number: 1-866-612-4227
Support Ticket: https://detail.webrootanywhere.com/servicewelcome.asp

Please let me know if there is anything else that I can do to assist.

Best Regards,

James G.
Webroot Community Support Team

Thank you James - I'll toggle the ID Shield off for now and see how that goes, but even in typing this so far, I've had zero characters garbled, so that's a step in the right direction! Thank you!
Userlevel 7
@,

No worries!

Please let me know if you encounter any other issues or if there is anything else I can do to assist.

Best Regards,