Solved

License Question

• 5 March 2012
  • 7 replies

Hi all,

I am new to webroot and seen it being used by a mate and was very impressed by its low memory usage and general not intruding in the use of the machine.  So when my Norton Internet Security needed to be renewed I installed a trial and was instantly sold with Webroot Secure Anywhere, so I bought a copy of the complete from amazon and put in the product key before the trial had ended.  As I wasn't really that worried about loosing a few days but now My Account Information says: Trial Active and 365 days shouldn't it just say active?

icon

Best answer by JoshC 5 March 2012, 16:37

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +3
Hi sdalgl72,

This could be caused by a few different reasons. 

1) You may have an older version of a trial installer that must be replaced by a full version. 

2) There could be a communication issue with activating this keycode

3) There may be an error with this keycode.

I would like you to perform the following steps

- Open the Webroot program and click the My Account link.
- Write down your keycode
- On the My Account screen click the link for Activate a new keycode.
- Enter your keycode in the field provided and press Activate.

If this does not work, please let us know!  You may also create a support ticket here:
https://www.webrootanywhere.com/servicewelcome.asp

Thanks,
Josh C
That was how I activated the key in the first place. I have sent an email to support and I haven't had a reply yet
Userlevel 3
Badge +3
Hello sdalgl72,

Please private message me your email and I will locate your support request.

Thanks,
Josh c

edit: this was resolved by uninstalling and reinstalling
Thanks my first concern is am I protected because if it isn't really an issue then I can live with it saying the wrong thing.  Pmed
Thanks got the solution, could you pass on my thanks to the teams as I couldn't reply unless I started a new subject.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
Thanks got the solution, could you pass on my thanks to the teams as I couldn't reply unless I started a new subject.
Yes you can you just leave the subject line blank or say the solution worked! Glad you got it sorted!

TH
Thanks