Solved

Login failed - won't accept key code

• 6 July 2017
  • 2 replies

I purchased Webroot Secure Anywhere through Best Buy when I purchased my laptop. Geek Squad set it up. No problems. I discovered I could put it on my phone (new Samsung Galaxy 😎. So I downloaded the app. I couldn't remember my password, so I changed it. Webroot accepted the new password and then ask the security question. I passed that part. Then it asked for the fifth and sixth character of my key code. From the left I counted 1, 2, 3, 4... and then put in the fifth and sixth letters. Then it said they had to be case sensitive. I put in caps. Then it said. You've tried this too many times. You're locked out. WHAT??? I tried to call. Geek Squad won't help. They said only Webroot can solve this... and it's after hours... on my birthday. A very unhappy birthday, to me, to me...
icon

Best answer by ProTruckDriver 6 July 2017, 04:18

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Hello cinemabon, Welcome to the Webroot Community Forum, :D

Please submit a Support Ticket or Contact Webroot Support to sort this problem. This service is FREE with a Paid Subscription.
Support Ticket System is Open 24/7

Note: When submitting a Support Ticket, Please wait for a response from Support. Putting in another Support Ticket on this problem before Support responses will put your first Support Ticket at the end of the queue.

HTH,
Dave. ;)
Userlevel 7
Greetings @ and welcome to our Community!

This is a very common misunderstanding. It's not asking for the fifth and sixth character of your keycode, it's asking for the fifth and sixth character from your Personal Security Code. This code (or what they really change to phrase/word to eliminate all the confusion if you ask me!!) is something you create when you initially Register along with your Password. I normally advise users to write down both their keycode and security code and designate which is which, just so it saves a lot of time & effort once you come back to it after a while :catwink:

I've sent you the email to reset your Personal Security Code and Reset the login lock on your Account. Please let me know if you have any issues! :cathappy: