Solved

Lost Device Protection kept being disabled

• 6 October 2016
  • 3 replies

Since my phone was upgraded to Android 6.0 I keep getting Alerts every other day or after phone has been turned off that the List Device Protection has been disabled. I then follow the Fix it steps to re enable the Protection just to have the issue repeating after a day or several hours. I have similar issue with the SwiftKey app keeps reverting to standard android keyboard even more frequently on its own. Is this because certain apps are still unstable under Android 6.0?
icon

Best answer by gulibo 13 October 2016, 10:45

View original

3 replies

Hi Gulibo,

Perhaps you should try reinstalling Webroot on your phone. You must deactivate Device Administartor first, before uninstalling. You can find instructions to do that HERE.

Then please reinstall Webroot. I recommend installing the Free version of Webroot Mobile available HERE, and then registering it with yor keycode, which will then upgrade your Mobile version from Free to Complete. You can find directions to do that HERE.

If you're still having trouble then please submit a trouble ticket so Webroot support can check this for you. This is a FREE service with a paid subscription.

Please let us know if this resolves your issue. :)

Thanks,
BD
Resetting stopped after I changed back App storage to true Internal memory. So even when I chose to use the new Android 6 feature to have my SD card formatted as Internal Memory, Webroot misbehaves when running from the latter.
Hi Gulibo,

Thanks for letting us know how it was resolved. I've had trouble with certain apps when I moved them to my SD card, too. Oddly though, Webroot isn't one of them for me, but I have an older phone, running Android 4.4 (Kitkat).

Have a good one, ;)
BD