Solved

Microsoft securtiy essentials

• 14 October 2013
  • 3 replies

Good morning (or afternoon / evening depending on where you are). I have Microsoft Security Essentials installed. Do I need it? Will it cause problems? Should I uninstall it?

Thanks.

icon

Best answer by pegas 14 October 2013, 11:34

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Hello jarvy73 and welcome to the Webroot Community!

If you're running WSA in fact you don't need another security solution. Only thing that is recommended is to have enabled Win Firewall that controls inbound traffic and WSA's firewall controls outbound traffic.

My security setup is like the said above and I never had to deal with infections etc.

Though, if you want to run WSA along MSE, it is your choice and you wouldn't experience any issues because WSA is designed to co-exist with any security solutions.
Pegas - Thanks for the welcome & quick response. I actually had the firewall off! It's on now. I'll uninstall MSC.

Cheers.
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
Pegas - Thanks for the welcome & quick response. I actually had the firewall off! It's on now. I'll uninstall MSC.

Cheers.
Great! You will be surprised how WSA is tender to resources and to the overall PC performance.

You may want to have a look in WSA Online User Guide to get more acquainted with this solution.

Enjoy WSA!