Microsoft.zune wants to connect to the internet

• 2 June 2017
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +19
I've gotten about 3 alerts in the last few days that some file from Microsoft wants to connect to the interent. I think one was for Skpe, which I don't use but maybe comes with windows? Not sure.

Since it says Microsoft, I have normally said OK.

Today there was one for Zune. I looked online to see what it was before I said OK. I ended up blocking it. Not sure if I should have. But just now I I searched further for more information on Zune. It appears that it is some Microsoft app that was discontinued some years ago. So why would I get a pop up about Zune, when I don't believe I have it. Never installed it myself. Never even heard of it until I saw the pop up today. Could microsoft be using some of the files for some feature in windows 10?

Thanks.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +36
I would give a try in your search box for zune. Probably an app or file originaly from microsoft that requires uninstalling or deletion. ZuneWikipediaLine of portable media players Zune was a brand of digital media products and services marketed by Microsoft... 
Zune was a brand of digital media products and services marketed by Microsoft. Zune included a line of portable media players, digital media player software for Windows PCs, a music subscription service known as a "Zune Music Pass", music and video streaming services for the Xbox 360 game console via the Zune Software, music, TV and movie sales, and desktop sync software for Windows Phone. Zune also provided music streaming for United Airlines inflight after a partnership in 2010.
The Zune hardware players were discontinued in October 2011. Wikipedia
Userlevel 7
As @ said, @, the Zune designed to be a competitor to the iPod, and then I believe was slowly converted into some streaming music service for M$. If you have never heard of it, then there is absolutely no need for it.

Userlevel 5
Badge +19
Thanks for you help.