Solved

My PC acts like it has been hijacked. I have witnessed this several years ago.

• 13 October 2015
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1
Hi there,

Just checking on protection against hijacks or cleaners for hijacks that Webroot may have. PC behaves sluggishly. I complete cache maintenance regularly. It is not just my browser but other programs as well. I do not use this PC for much but when I do it just sits there.

Any ideas?

Thanks
icon

Best answer by Baldrick 13 October 2015, 11:56

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello ?,

Welcome to the Webroot Community,

Have you done a Webroot scan just to be sure you don't have any threats?

Would you mine uninstalling and reinstalling Webroot to eliminate if Webroot is the cause of your PC sluggishness? This usually only take 5 minutes or so to do.

Please follow the steps closely!

• Make sure you have a copy of your 20 Character Alphanumeric Keycode! Example: SA69-AAAA-A783-DE78-XXXX
  • KEEP the computer online for Uninstall and Reinstall to make sure it works correctly
  • Download a Copy Here (Best Buy Subscription PC users click HERE)
  • Uninstall WSA and Reboot
  • Install with the new installer, enter your Keycode and don't import any settings if asked to as you can set it up as you like once it's done
  • Let it finish it's install scan
  • Reboot once again
If this doesn't help then you can submit a Support Ticket free of carge with an active subscription and they can takea look.

Please let us know if that resolves your issue?

Userlevel 7
Hi ajones305

Welcome to the Community Forums.

If I may add...if the great advice that Sherry has provided does not resolve the issue for you then please try this; right click on the task bar at the bottom of your screen and select 'Task Manager'. When the Task Manager opens please make sure that you are on the 'Processes' tab. Once there please do the following for each of the 'CPU' & 'Memory' columns:

1. Click on the column
2. Note the top 3 or 4 processes listed on the left hand side of the screen
3. Note the amount of memory / the CPU % (each in turn) consumed for each of the processes recorded in 2. above

If you would then post back that information together with the total amount of RAM/memory that you have on your system, hopefully that will give us one more thing to consider when trying to help you.

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 1
Sorry, for not responding sooner. My PC was taxed out! I have added mem/ram and it is speedy now. Glad I wasn't hi-jacked. Thank you and Sherry for your quick responses. And again... apologies for my slow response.
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hi ajones305,

You are most welcome! It's great to hear that you have your PC is "speedy" now!:D

Thank you for letting us know!
Userlevel 7
Hi ajones305

No worries...glad to here that yo are sorted and that you manged to resolve the issue. SOmetimes all it takes is a little upgrade...;)

Regards, Baldrick