• 4 replies

My System Tray Icon Disappeared. 
Windows 10. Enabled in Adv Settings.
Restarted Computer.

Was there yesterday.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +36
Have you tried Settings/System/Notifications & Actions/Select which items appear on taskbar???
Hello ?, Welcome to the Webroot Community.

Just to add to what ? has mentioned.

If you open the Webroot PC interface and select Advanced Settings in the upper right corner you find on the next screen the option for the system tray icon. If it's checked, please try unchecking, save, then go back in and recheck it and save This should restore the system tray icon.

Please let us know how it goes, :)

BD
Userlevel 5
Badge +19
My system tray icon for Webroot will disappear sometimes. Not often but sometimes. I'll boot up and it won't be there, so then I shut down and I restart and it will be there. I'm not certain if I'm protected or not, if it isn't here, so I always reboot if I notice that it is gone. The other day I wanted to scan a file and I went to click on it and it disappeared, so I had to reboot to get it back.

When it is missing in action, I have tried to add it back but it said something about it being available the next time...what. I can't remember.

The missing icon sometimes occurred in windows 7 too. And on differnt computers. It kind of seems like webroot is still active when it happens. I can start webroot from the desktop and run a scan, but if I close the panel it won't put it in the system tray like it usually does. Maybe it's just something with windows.

Like I said,...it's only an occassional occurance with me.
Userlevel 7
Have to say that my experience of the icon going AWOL has been minimal for a very long time. LAst tie it happened must have been well over a year ago, and not since then. I suspect that different users will all have different experiences and with such erratic behaviour it will be difficult if not impossible to isolate the reason for this happening.