My computer is so slow it drives me crazy

• 24 November 2015
  • 2 replies

This is a Toshiba from Best Biy and has been worked by the Geeks It is so slow and I have run webroot just about everyday. Is there anyway to speed it up.?

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +36
Hi Janene, Welcome to the forums,
Which Windows Operating system are you using?  And do you know if you have any additional AntiVirus programs installed and running?
Userlevel 7
Hi Janene

Welcome to the Community Forums.

If I may just add to what Lyle has posted...you say "I have run webroot just about everyday" and I am curious as to whether there is any reason for that...as I presume that you are meaning that you have run a manual scan everyday?

If I may suggest that, to discount WSA being the cause, you check is to see if any applications are being monitored by WSA, as this can slow things down because it is effectively 'sandboxing' the unknown app(s) and journaling any changes it/they make. 

To do that, from the main app panel click on the gear/cog symbol to the right of the Utilities tab, then Click on the System Control tab,  then under 'Control Active Processes' click on the Start button.

Look down the list of processes for anything that has the Monitor column checked; if found then that is a process or version of a process that the Webroot Cloud database has not seen yet.  If you recognize the process as being a valid app you use, then you can change it to Allow. 

Also please contact Webroot Support, by Opening a Support Ticket, if that is the case, so they can get that process whitelisted for everyone and entered/updated into the Cloud database.  Please note that your scan logs will be automatically uploaded when you open the ticket so Webroot Support will contact you if they need more information from you on this.

Of course, this may not pan out as described above and WSA may not be involved so please feed back the information that Lyle has requested to allow other avenues to be explored.

Regards, Baldrick