New Keycode

• 11 March 2017
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 2
If I go ahead and purchase another year of WSAC now, will the folks at Webroot headquarters go ahead and let me add on the remaining days of my current subscription to my new purchase? Perhaps I should contact them but, I figured some of you might know this answer. Thanks in Advance.
Goober78

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi Goober78

If your current subscription came through Webroot directly or a 3rd party supplier ()other than Best Buy if you are in the US) then RENEWING your subcription via Webroot will automatically add the days for the renewal period to those that you have remaining against your current subscription.

However, if you 'renew' by purchasing a new subscription which results in you receiving a NEW keycode then you will need to activate that new keycode at some point. If you do so before your current subscription period has expired then yo uwill lose the remaining days. But can you can try doing is to Open a Support Ticket to notify the Support Team and to ask them if they will add the days from the NEW subscription to your existing subscription...that way you have no need to change anything.

However, if the reverse happns, i.e., you have already activated the NEW keycode, and you currently use either Internet Security Plus or Complete versions and the Password Manager and or the Back up and Sync features, then moving to a new keycode will mean that you can no longer access your data stored against the old keycode...so if this is the case you will need to Open a Support Ticket and ask the Support Team to transfer the data from current to new keycode, once you have activated the latter...you have about 30 days to do that before the data is deleted.

Hope that all makes sense...if not please ask further questions.

Regards, Baldrick
OK so if this is the case you will need to Open a Support Ticket (All ready did this)and ask the Support Team to transfer the data from current to new keycode, once you have activated the latter. (How do you do this??)..you have about 30 days to do that before the data is deleted.

I did this 2 weeks ago.  Now my password is unclickable My password manager states expired again.  They help two weeks ago but want me to copy paste and save to move my passwords.  I'm very lost on this stuff.
Mike
Userlevel 7
Hi Mike

OK, so first of all have you entered & activated the NEW keycode that you seem to be saying that you have got when you purchased the new subscription? You say "I did this 2 weeks ago" but I am unclear as to whether that is the purchase or an entry/activation.

So let's start with that. If you have not entered the NEW keycode yet you should be 2 weeks into the grace period of 30 days before WSA stops being in a position where it will trap & disinfect malware (once the grace period expires it will only act as a scanner).

If you are still on the OLD keycode then they should be able to just add the days from the NEW keycode to the one for the old, i.e.., extending you OLD keycode...but it sounds as if they may have changed policy on this (which would be unfortunate). This would be the simplest approach for you.

Let me know if this sums up the position that you are in, whilst I ping our most excellent New Community Manager, @ to see if he can interceed and get this sorted out for you.

If you would just prefer to cut to the chase and enter/activate your NEW Keycode then let me know and I can supply instructions...but in that case a transfer of password data would be required and it sounds as if the Support Team are reluctant to do so via the back door...but we can try to help you achieve that via the front door.

Hope that helps clarify?

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 2
Thankyou. Got it.
Userlevel 7
No worries. Do post back to let us know how this pans out for you. And also if you have any further questions. :D

Regards, Baldrick