Not sure why I'm paying in USD

• 14 September 2017
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 2
My Webroot subscription is set to auto-renew soon but I have an issue I should probably get sorted out first. I’ve always paid for it in US dollars. I’m in Canada. I never thought anything of it. I just figured it was something that had to be paid for in US dollars, plus an exchange rate. It never really occurred to me that maybe people outside of the US should be paying something different. I must have screwed up when I originally purchased it. (It probably shouldn’t be so easy to do this. Maybe it should recognize where you’re ordering from?) I eventually questioned this and checked the website. If I select the Canada flag, and then browse the products, the price for Complete is the same as it is in the US in terms of absolute dollar value. So I’m paying extra money because of the exchange when I should just be paying the Canadian price. I’d rather not cancel my subscription and repurchase/redownload. I’d like to be able to keep the same account and keycode and just adjust the payments somehow. I’m guessing this is something I may have to contact customer support about, but I thought I’d throw it out here first. Anyone ever had this sort of problem? Any idea what to do about it? I don’t expect to be reimbursed for the past, but I’d like to solve this going forward. Thanks.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Salutations, @! Thanks joining us and I appreciate you asking your question here first :cathappy:

I've checked with our Sales Team, and they've informed me that unfortunately the best course of action for you is to refund and then repurchase. The reason why is because once we refund you the full amount, you can talk with your Bank and they can help in getting the exchange rate returned back to you.

I also have a few helpful links that will make this process easier for you (and save you a little money).
Request a Refund Page
Canadian Order Page (Discounted)

I apologize for the inconvenience this may cause you, but we want to make sure you get the best deal possible for your Protection. Let us know how everything goes for you!!
Userlevel 2
Hello JP. I appreciate your assistance but I think it's more complicated than that. If I'm understanding you correct, I'd be refunded based on whatever the current exchange rate is, and then I'd have to contact my bank to adjust for any difference. That refund page says there's a 70 day guarantee. Problem is, this isn't a recent purchase. I've been using Webroot for years. I looked back at my emails. I first got Spy Sweeper in 2008. I later upgraded to Essentials and then Complete. So there's a long history of purchases here. All this time I didn't know I could and should be paying in Canadian dollars. I'm pretty sure the bank isn't going to make adjustments to transactions from years ago. I'm supposed to renew next month. If I have to cancel and repurchase, does that mean I have to reinstall with a new keycode? I've had the same one since I first got Essentials years ago, even since upgrading. I hope that wouldn't effect my online account. I'll probably have to call and actually speak to someone so I know exactly what has to happen but I do appreciate you looking into this. Thanks.
Userlevel 7
If you refunded and purchased a new subscription, all you would have to do is activate the new keycode. The same goes for your Online Account, all you would need to do is add your keycode to your existing Online Console.
Instructions on how to do that can be found here in our User Guide.

If you'd like any further help with this, you can submit a ticket to our Customer Service Team.