PC security is set to "User Config." (in Web Console) still I can't change settings on my PC

• 29 July 2015
  • 5 replies

Hi

It looks like a bug (or lack of connectivity with databases) in the SecureAnywhere...

The PC security is set to the "User Configuration" in the Web Console (that is for sure !!!).  However I cannot change account settings locally because I'm getting the message  "SecureAnywhere is currently managed by the Web Console and all changes need to be applied centrally..."

It happens only to one of my computers, 2 others are OK (so far).

The version of SecureAnywhere is 9.0.1.135

Thank you for any suggestions.

Best regards

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Hello and Welcome to the Webroot Community!

In cases like this go back into the online console and choose another setting and save then go back and set to user config and save again and give it about 30 minutes to an hour and do a couple of scans from the main interface and this should fix your issue and if not please Submit a Support Ticket and they will help you sort it out.

Thanks,

Daniel 😉
Hi Daniel !

Thank you for the quick reply.
My situation is a bit non-standard. About 2 years ago an unpleasant feature of WSA appeared - I could not connect to
internet while WSA was running (browser showed something like "Server not found"), I found out that I needed to switch off Real time shield or/and Web Shield in WSA then I can connect to the site needed, then I switched on the shields. Surely I did this locally without using any Web Console. The connectivity was OK for several hours following that. When the connectivity disappeared once more I repeated this operation. 

So the current situation is the following - the computer (where the problem occured) is not connected to the internt (at least I cannot reach any site). I can change settings on the Web Console using other computers. However it (obviously) did not help because the internet connectivity is disrupted. It could be restored by either trigerring the Web/Real Time shields or by temporary disabling WSA. Unfortunately I did not tick the possibility to manually turn off WSA (in local WSA settings) on this computer. (I did this today for other computers because I became a bit more clever) . I cannot tick this option because of the diagnostics regarding Web Console management for the WSA on this computer.

Do you know the other possibility to turn off (temporary) WSA (for instance by command line ) ?
It would solve my problem.
By the way I cannot even uninstall WSA because of the same diagnostic. Situation is a bit ridiculous.

The other way is to solve the problem with internet connectivity. It may take couple of days because I do not want to reset modem or internet options until week end...
Thank you.

Regards

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Hi ? the best bet is to Submit a Support Ticket as that's very odd indeed and if need be call Webroot free of charge: http://www.webroot.com/us/en/company/contact-us and please let us know the outcome as I'm sure they will get you sorted!

Thanks,

Daniel 😉
Hi Daniel

The problem was solved by assigning manually IP address and all accompanying parameters to the "corrupted" PC. Initially
the internet access was not available, just pings to the modem and other compters were successful. However next morning a rare (in our days) miracle occured:
1) the internet access was OK, 2) WSA was managed locally so I could change its parameters. First thing  I have changed was the possibility to turn off WSA manually.
Sorry for disturbing you.
I've used prevx/WSA for about 10 years, basicly that was the only real problem that I've come across.

Best regards
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
That's great that you got it sorted and no worries as it's no bother that's what we are here for!

Cheers,

Daniel 😉