Password Manager in Chrome error and can't get passwords in my account

• 24 September 2018
  • 3 replies

I've used Webroot and Password Manager for years and am on Windows 10.  A couple of days ago I started getting a message "an error occurred while attempting to contact the server. Please check your internet connection".  I reinstall the toolbar a few times but it won't work.  I logged into my online account and can see and use all the links escept for my passwords.  There was a response that said redownload Webroot, but when I click on the link it just brings up my program.  What do I need to do, exactly, to get Password manager working and to show my passwords and my online account?

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +63
Hello,

Try this and if it doesn't work please Submit a Support Ticket!

Please follow the steps closely!

• Make sure you have a copy of your 20 Character Alphanumeric Keycode! Example: SA69-AAAA-A783-DE78-XXXX 
  • KEEP the computer online for Uninstall and Reinstall to make sure it works correctly
  • Download a Copy Here (Best Buy Geek Squad Subscription PC users click HERE) Let us know if it is the Mac version you need
  • Uninstall WSA and Reboot
  • Install with the new installer, enter your Keycode and DO NOT import any old settings as you can set it up as you like once it's done
  • Let it finish it's install scan
  • Reboot once again
Please let us know if that resolves your issue?

Thanks,
It did not help
You didn' t say if I was supposed to download a program called Dashlane or not, but when I saw it after reinstalloing Webroot, I assumed I wa supposed to.  I did download it and it dows open up.  I haven't used it yet because it looks pretty complicated, much more complicated than the Password Manager with just an icon that shows up in myy browser.  So, I suppose I can say this works just not as I expected it to.  You might want to let people know they're supposed to use Dashlane now.  I"m assuming that's true because the regular Password Manager still doesn't work.  Thank you for your assistance.