Password Manager

How do I install the Password Manager on Firefox?  Everytime I try to install it, it installs on Safari.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi rzpappas

Welcome to the Community Forums.

You should not need to install the Password Manager...it should install under all the main browsers that you might be using...so if it is not appearing in Firefox then there may be something wrong.  You are not using the Portsable version of Firefox, are you, as WSA will not find and install on any of the Portable versions (at present).

Having said that you could try using the toolbar fix.  It usually solves the issue you are having.  Just click on the link to download the app, and then just run it, following the instruction provided by the app.

And then come back here to let us know if the issue is resolved or persiosts...hopefully the former.

Regards, Baldrick
I tried the 'toolbar fix' and it doesn't work.  I have a Mac and that was for a PC.
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello @,

Welcome to the Webroot Community,

Please use this toolbarfix for you Mac,

Password Management Toolbar Fix Tool For Mac:

http://anywhere.webrootcloudav.com/zerol/pkgosxlp.dmg

Edit:
Have you checked under Firefox (top right hand corner), and then click on Add ons to make sure that the Webroot Toolbar , along with any other toolbars installed, is checked/ticked.  Sometimes that gets over looked and just needs to be enabled.

Userlevel 7
Hi rzpappas

My apologies for providing the wrong link.  Managed to get them confused, so glad that Sherry has sorted you out in that regard.

Regards, Baldrick
Sherry,

No matter what I do, I still have a yellow triangle with an explanation point in it beside my Password Manager in my Webroot Secure Anywhere console.  I tried the toolbar fix and that didn't change anything.  I have a Mac.  Everytime I try to install the Webroot Toolbar, it installs on Safari, my default browser is FireFox.  Firefox has the green circle icon in the toolbar.

Roz P.
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello,

That's odd because I have a Mac and I'm running WSAC and I have Safari. Chrome, and FF running with the Password Manager in all three.

If you want to uninstall/reinstall Webroot I can give you the instructions to do so. But to avoid all this you should issue a
Support Ticket and they can fix this.

I'm not sure why PM isn't installing in FF if you say it's your default browser because PM will install on all three browsers whether it's a default or not as it has in my browsers. Do you have another PM blocking this install? I've unchecked this box below in FF. Also I have just updated FF to the lastest version of 38.0.1. I'm not sure if the update would effect PM though.

Sorry I'm not much help but I'm sure support can fix this for you.

Kind Regards,