Solved

Password Manager

• 19 October 2016
  • 4 replies

How to restore favicons in Password Manager, both in Chrome and IE?
icon

Best answer by ProTruckDriver 20 October 2016, 18:26

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello BluesBandit,

Welcome to the Webroot Community,

This sometimes does happen and to try to resolve it you can try running the Toolbarfix tool.  You can download it for here.  

The toolbar fix will work for IE.and Firefox

Once downloaded launch it by clicking on the executable, and you should see the following, if then that is fine and you should click on 'Run':

?  

which should then take you to the following dialog:

?

on which you should choose/check the option 'Repair/Install the Webroot Toolbar' and then press 'Start'.

That should initiate the fix process and you just have to wait for it to finish, close the dialog and then check in your browser to see if the Password Manager Toolbar icon is now visible.  If the fix has been successful you should see the following greyed out icon in a toolbar at the top of the IE browser page:

?

One then double clicks on that so that the login dialog is presented, etc.

For Chrome go here: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/webroot-password-manager/ngkhgikojglcgnckopipfdajaifmmnnc

Please check the above out and come back if anything is not clear or if it does not help/respond to your query.

Note: This will not work in Microsoft Edge. Webroot is currently awaiting that MS allow addons/extensions to be used with Edge. Please see HERE for a KB Article on the subject.
Sorry Sherry, but the toolbar fix didn't work. Still no favicons on IE. I also lost the ability to open up password manager on Chrome. The PW manager extension won't allow me to open up PW manager itself. I had an older version extension (2.0.0.0), but that disappeared. So I downloaded the latest version of Chrome to see if that would help, but it didn't.

So I have PW manager access on IE, but no favicons, and no access at all on Chrome because I can't get PW manager to open.

Any suggestions, for both the favicons situation and the Chrome PW BC manager access?

Thanks so much!
Userlevel 7
Hello BluesBandit, Welcome to the Webroot Community Forum, :D

I believe Sherry is not online at the moment.

Please try a Uninstall / Reinstall:

Please follow the steps closely!

• Make sure you have a copy of your 20 Character Alphanumeric Keycode! Example: SA69-AAAA-A783-DE78-XXXX
  • KEEP the computer online for Uninstall and Reinstall to make sure it works correctly
  • Download a Copy Here (Best Buy Subscription PC users click HERE) Let us know if it is the Mac version you need.
  • Uninstall WSA and Reboot
  • Install with the new installer, enter your Keycode and do NOT import any settings if offered by the installer as you can set it up as you like once it's done
  • Let it finish it's install scan
  • Reboot once again
If that does not solve the problem:

Please submit a Support Ticket or Contact Webroot Support to sort this problem. This service is FREE with a Paid Subscription.
Support Ticket System is Open 24/7

HTH,
Dave.;)
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Thank you @,

I do not have access to a computer right now but that would of been my answer to reinstall Webroot or Contact Webroot Support.