Penny Wise

• 4 October 2013
  • 1 reply

Problems:
I get a red bar that states: Unkown email address
Passwords page is a blank
Ipad setup fails (email address issues during login)

Works great on the PC I installed it on (other than the browser issues - which are very important)

It seems there is an issue with my stored account on the server. That's a guess.

I am a bit frustrated and need to rant, so here goes. Fell free to not read any further.

WARNING RANT FOLLOWS!
I was a happy user of Webroot Antivirus for a year, and my license was expiring, so I was invited to upgrade, so the price for Webroot SecureAnywhere Complete was 59, but I found it cheaper on another website and bought it. I am very excited about all the features but am having difficulties.

Yes, I have followed all the step by steps
Yes, I did a complete uninstall of the old software
Yes, I am using the same email account as my login credentials,
Yes, I have opened a ticket with the Support team - they responded with a canned response that implied that I was not careful installing my software or setting up my online account / permissions / etc.

I

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Hi szgee, and welcome to the community.

From what you're describing, I can glean that the passwords account you are attempting to use is associated to your old keycode and needs to be associated to the new one in order for it to work.  If you can please send me a private message with the new keycode, I can take care of this for you.  :)

To explain a bit, here is what happens in this kind of situation: You have a keycode with backup and/or password management capabilities which expires, and you replace it with a new keycode instead of renewing the old one.  You then try to use the backup and/or password management capabilities from the old keycode on the new keycode.  That doesn't work because it's a 1-to-1 relationship between the account and the keycode.  Thus, your new keycode does not function with an account attached to an old keycode.  This is one reason we recommend renewing instead of buying a new copy.  However, it's something we can fix pretty easily for you once we know the new keycode.  I can see the old one by virtue of cross-referencing by your email address you used to sign up to the forum, which has been verified as having been owned by you when you used the confirmation email sent to it.