Ran 'System Optimizer' and now many internet pages don't show correctly

• 5 April 2014
  • 8 replies

Hello,

I just ran the System Optimizer on the free trial of Webroot Security Complete and it recovered 3,373MB.
The problem: Now when I go to load many internet pages/sites, such as facebook and linkedin, nothing shows or is clickable. This is a major problem. I use run Windows on my desktop.
How can I fix this problem or reverse the system optimizer scan?

Thank you!

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi pgmenke

Welocme to the Community Forums..http://www.forumsextreme.com/images2/sSig_welcome4.gifhttp://www.forumsextreme.com/images2/sSig_welcome4.gifhttp://www.forumsextreme.com/images2/sSig_welcome4.gif

Apologies...not quite clear as to what you mean.  I presume that you are looking to access these web sites via a browser; which one do you use?  And in that one should they normally load automatically on the opening of the browser?

Just need a little more information as to exactly what it is in terms of what you did and cannot do now.

I run System Optimizer regularly and I have never experience this problem...hence the request for more information.

Also, have you by any chance changed the default settings for what System optimizer will clean?  Take a look at this Knowledge Base Article for the relevant information.

Awaiting your update.

Regards

Baldrick
Userlevel 7
I have never experienced that...   The Optimizer will clear cookies, etc, so you would need to sign back in to any web pages, even those you had set to 'keep logged in', but I have not ever seen it make pages unclickable!
Yes, via Mozilla Firefox browser. I run 4 screens so if I can figure out how to snap a screen shot of just one of them I will. I feel like that would show what I can't seem to clearly put into words, appologies on that.

Oddly enough, reloading the browser and logging out / back in again didn't do anything. However, I loaded up Internet Explorer and everything (thus far) appears to be loading and working properly. If this is the continued case I'll switch over to using IE instead of Firefox.

I never changed any of the settings away from the default when in respect to System Optimizer.
Userlevel 7
Hi pgmenke

The Optimizer does clear the Firefox cache and if you have set the browser to open on startup those pages that you had open when you closed the browser it is just possible that clearingthe cache has interfered with that.

If you go into Firefox Settings, click Options, then under General what have you set against 'When Firefox Starts'?

Regards

Baldrick
It's possible, however I would clear out cache, cookies, temp files, etc all the time with no problems.

It says: Show my home page
Home page: Mozilla Firefox start page.

Thank you for all you're help thus far. It's greatly appreciated.
Userlevel 7
You are most welcome, pgmenke

That is interesting.  Have you tried making sure that you have the four ages that you are interested as tabs in the browser and then setting the option that we have been discussing to 'Show my windows and tabs from last time', and seeing if that resolves the issue?

Baldrick
It doesn't as far as I'm aware. Sorry.

I can email a screen shot I took if you want (I'm not seeing an option on how to post it..). It's a screen shot pasted into the paint application and I cropped out what was on my other 3 screens because they are of no matter in regards to this issue. The screen shot is a shot of my facebook homepage, likely obvious (I assume) what the problem could be for a tech person to look at and maybe figure out.

I am perfectly fine using IE instead of MF and even Google Chrome I could download to see how that one works out if curiosity got the best of us. For other people with this problem and if you want to continue finding a solution just message me your email or send me one at mine - pgmenke@gmail.com

Other than that I'm not sure, with my lack of intelligence in this area I'd be of a much further help.

Also, I never did reboot the computer, but that in my opion shouldn't make any difference.
Userlevel 7
Hi pgmenke

Email sent!

Baldrick