Solved

Secure Anywhere Complete mobile problem

• 26 July 2015
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 3
Have 2 Samsung Tab 3's that have stopped updating definitions.     (My Tab 2 and my son's Tab 3 are updating ok).
Both the 3's report an error (stoppped working).
Have removed 1 device (wife's) via my desktop console and attempted to uninstall with the view to reinstall, but the UNINSTALL & FORCE STOP in Application Manager are greyed out and uninstall from within the app itself doesn't recognise my password. So we are stymied at the moment.
Any ideas?

roadhog
icon

Best answer by Ssherjj 26 July 2015, 23:46

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello roadhog,

Welcome to the Webroot Community,

For instructions on how to uninstall SecureAnywhere within the app, click here.

If you are experiencing problems uninstalling SecureAnywhere, you may need to change your Device Administrator settings.  To do so:
  1. Tap the Android Menu button on your device, then tap Settings.  
  2. Tap Security, then tap Select Device Administrators.  
  3. Next to Webroot SecureAnywhere, uncheck the box.  
  4. Tap Deactivate.  If prompted, tap OK.  
  5. Open Google Play, navigate to the SecureAnywhere app and tap Uninstall, as you would with an app not using Device Administrator. SecureAnywhere uninstalls itself.
See if you can now uninstall Webroot mobile now.

If you still have issues then please get back to us.

KInd Regards,

Userlevel 3
Hi Sherry, didn't work from within the app
however using the DEVICE ADMINISTRATOR SETTINGS got it uninstalled and reinstalled successfully in short order
My other Tab I will have to look at sometime next week as it belongs to another member of the family at another location.
Can you please leave this chat open for a further report when I have time (no longer than a week) to sort it out
Again superb support from you and your team.
Many thanks
roadhog

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello roadhog,

That's great news. I'm very happy that this wasn't too diffficult for you and that you got this resolved.

This thread will be here forever. These threads and posts are always here so that we can help others in similar circumstances. If you just want to copy this link and save to your bookmarks..you can do that as well.

https://community.webroot.com/t5/Webroot-SecureAnywhere-Complete/Secure-Anywhere-Complete-mobile-problem/m-p/209750#M12923

You are welcome and that's why we are here is to help others!

Have a nice day!:D