SecureAnywhere reports unable to connect to service what to do?

• 7 July 2015
  • 3 replies

After installing, MacOS SecureAnywhere version 8.0.9.59 tries to perform the initial system scan but locks in the preparing scan stage. The menu bar icon is grey with a red exclamation point. After a while the software windows displays the "unable to connect to service" message.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello @,

Welcome to the Webroot Community,

I am sorry to hear about your issues that you are having.

If you have not contacted support, I would recommend doing so. It  will need one of two things done.  The first is something that you can try with out supports help and that is a permission fix.  The other will require support to use SUDO commands to make sure Webroot is installed correctly.

The Mac operating system relies on permissions for most tasks. If these permissions are incorrect, they can cause a variety of issues, both with your programs and with computer performance itself.

To check permissions on the Mac OS:
1. Navigate to Applications > Utilities > Disk Utility.
Note: The Disk Utility feature is advanced and powerful. Any action you take using the Disk Utility is at your own risk. We recommend you only use the Disk Utility under instruction by a qualified technician.

2. Click the Hard Drive name, e.g. Macintosh HD, in the left panel.

3. Under the First Aid tab, select Show details.
4. Click Verify Disk Permissions. This operation may take some time to complete.

5. If the operation finds permissions issues, fixing them can resolve the issue you have reported. Click Repair Disk Permissions. This process may also take time to complete.

6. Once the repair process is finished, restart your computer.

7. After restarting, please test the issue you have reported.

If you continue to recieve errors then please send support a ticket  free of charge with an active subscription.and let them know that you have already dione a permission fix.

Hope this helps and please keep in touch with your progress so that we can help others with same or like issues.

Kind Regards,

Thanks Sherry for your kind attention.
I've already checked and repaired the disk permissions, I do it on a monthly basis.
I've also got in touch with Webroot support. They've send me the standard "uninstall and reinstall" procedure with a link to redownload the App, which really wasn't necessary, since I can do it anytime trhoughthe wen console of my Webroot account, but I did it, just in case.
I've already sned them another message reporting the unsuccessful re-installation. Let's see what they do.
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hi @,

You are very welcome!

Oh that is a shame that these instructions didn't help and that support didn't correct the issue. I bet they will esculate this and remotely connect to your Mac. They will fix this without any problems.So please be patient. Sudo commands are most likely needed here.

I'm happy to hear that you already knew about the Disk Permissions.. I also have a Mac and run this once a month as well,;)

Well thank you for keeping us posted and do let us know if and when you get this resolved..

Kind Regards,