Securing Webroot Program

• 3 July 2015
  • 5 replies

Does anyone know if you are able to setup a password to disable webroot so general users cant turn it off, only administrators can disable it if they need to install other software?

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello @,

Welcome to the Webroot Community,

I'm not sure I understand you but you can put a password to protect Webroot from other users from disabling Webroot. If this is what you want.
Just open up Webroot from the system tray, View Staus and on the Webroot main screen in the right hand upper corner click on Advanced Settings, Access Control .
Remember do not loose or forget this password because it would cause one to Contact Support to fix this because Webroot will not unlock without the password to make any changes.

Hope this is what you were asking.

Kind Regards,

Thanks Sherry,

That is pretty much what I was looking for, however I was hoping there was a global settings option for it. We have around 200+ workstations deploye with webroot and will take time applying a password to each one individualy. But again thanks for the information on how to setup password protection.
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello @,

You are most welcome!

I can ping @  or @ and they are more familiar with Business version of Webroot.
@ wrote:
Thanks Sherry,

That is pretty much what I was looking for, however I was hoping there was a global settings option for it. We have around 200+ workstations deploye with webroot and will take time applying a password to each one individualy. But again thanks for the information on how to setup password protection.

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Yeah you can set that in the policy on the console, for the business version.  If you go under Basic Configuration there's a bunch of options as to how much you do or don't show the user in terms of the interface, and whether you allow it to show in add/remove programs.  The main one you want to set to off is "Allow SecureAnywhere to be shut down manually"
Hi nic,

If I change that to Off will I be able to setup a password to manually disable it when we are on site incase it interferes with software installation or would I ahve to disable it remotely?