Shutting Down SecureAnywhere Protection keeps reactivating itself

• 29 July 2017
  • 2 replies

when i want to shut dow webroot completely to run a certain file from my pc i cant as within say 5 seconds webroot keeps reactivating itself, if i have to go through sertain steps to shut down i expect webroot to stay shut down not keep reactivating itself which means i cant use my program.
yes i no exactly how to shut program down, right click system tray icon, shut down protection, click yes to are you sure you want to shut down secureanywhere, enter characters in box that appears then click continue, once done that 5 odd seconds later webroot activates inself'
ive uninstalled and reinstalled to no avail, any 1 no how or why shut down is not working or how n why its reactivating its self

2 replies

Hi GANJAMANYEAH,

Welcome to the Webroot Community.

Sorry to hear about the trouble you're having shutting down Webroot. I did see a couple of reports of this happening during the Beta testing. It happened to me on my Win10 laptop, but just once. Myself and the others who reported the problem were able to successfully shutdown WSA on the second attempt.

Just to be sure that Webroot is aware of the issue, I recommend either contacting Webroot support online by submitting a support ticket (online support is available 24/7), or you can call Webroot support during normal business hours.

Technical SupportSubmit a ticket  or
Call 1-866-612-4227 M-F 7AM-6PM MT

This is a free service with your subscription. Support will help you to resolve this issue.

Note: When submitting a Support Ticket, Please wait for a response from Support. Putting in another Support Ticket on this problem before Support responses will put your first Support Ticket at the end of the queue.

Hope this info helps, ;)

BD
Userlevel 7
Hi GANJAMANYEAH

I can confirm what BD has posted in reply to you. This is a known issue affecting a small number of users; I am affected as well thought only on my 64bit system...but strangely NOT on my 32bit system.

Best course of action is the support ticket root, so that the Support Team are aware of another and can hopefully reach out to you and get further information that may help them diagnose the issue.

Hope that helps?

Regards, Baldrick