Solved

Slow browsing

• 20 April 2012
  • 8 replies

I notice when browsing using IE9 that it takes quite awhile to have the pages load. It happens in Firefox and Chrome as well, just a bit shorter time than with IE.Shutting down the AV suite i get pretty well instant page loads.Any thoughts on what would cause the slow page load?
icon

Best answer by JimM 23 April 2012, 18:21

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Hey tlcscousin,

Glad to have you here on the Community! Welcome to the forums!

I am curious to know what toolbars you have installed in your browsers. Naturally, having more toolbars means more data for Webroot to look at, which can result in slower browsing speeds. However, as this is happening on more than one browser for you and you say shutting down Webroot resolves the issue, I'd like for you to open a support ticket so we can get the log files and investigate further to pin point the issue.

Thanks,
No toolbars installed except for the webroot one.
Userlevel 7
Hi tlcscousin,

Did you set up a support ticket yet?  Ultimately we are going to need you to make the support ticket in order for us to properly address the issue in this case.  The issue requires some basic log gathering so we can see what's going on in terms of interaction with other software.  Support will likely have you disable shields until we pinpoint which specific shield is causing the problem.  However, if it turns out to be an issue requiring a fix on our end, we would probably be unable to move forward on resolving that without logs to work off of.  Please go ahead and create the support ticket if you have not yet done so.  I could also take a look at it myself for you, but you will need to PM me the email address you set it up under in order for me to be able to see it.
I did setup a support ticket. I also sent logs and found that disabling the software didnt really help but resetting ie9 did for about a half hour then back to the same slow downs and it does it in ff and chrome so is not browser specific.
Userlevel 7
Hi tlcscousin,

Thanks for the update!

Hopefully, the logs you sent will tell more of the story and clear things up a bit. Can you private message me the email address you used to open the support ticket so I can play Webroot detective and investigate the issue further?

Thanks,
Userlevel 7
Hey tlcscousin,

Are you still experiencing the browser slow down issue? I haven't gotten a private message from you yet so I wanted to check in with you and see if you were able to get it resolved. If not, I definitely still want to take a look at your ticket along with the logs you sent so we can get to the bottom of this as soon as possible and have you browsing at full speed! 😃 Let me know!

Thanks,
I'm having the same issue, too.  Browser slowdown happens over time, but restarting webroot fixes the issue.
Userlevel 7
Hey jbest,

The Community is a great place to post your issues and questions! Welcome to the forums!

Most likely though, we're going to need to look into this further using our log gathering utility. This requires that you submit a support ticket so we can send you the appropriate instructions. Please let me know when you've submitted the ticket and we'll continue to troubleshoot the issue accordingly through our support system!. :D

Thanks,