Spoof e-mails to "subscriber" from domains ending in "linkz2.com" or variations. advice ?

• 26 June 2015
  • 4 replies

• Fresh Face
  • 2 replies
VAMortgageQualify@va-loan-linkz2.com
CarsForYou@auto-dealz3.com
EndDaysSurvival@survie-end-dayz3.com
StringsGenerator@strings-generator2.com
ConquerNervePain@neracel-miracle2.com
CashLoans@installment-loanz2.com
TireCoupons@tire-couponz2.com

All have a link to "unsubscribe" which I don't do. And links to the purported website, When I try to forward to govm't spoof and phishing sites, they are blocked from forwarding. Presumably by Webroot?
How do I stop these emails from getting thru to IPad, Windows Live Mail, and webmail of my server(s).

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi QoE

Welcome to the Community Forums.

I very much doubt that WSA is involved here as it does not have an email-related protection component so it should not interefere with you attempting to forward email.

And also, given the above, there is no way that WSA can prevent these emails from getting through to you devices.  WSA can only prevent/intercept any malware, that the emails may bring, from damaging your devices.

To prevent the email sgetting through you need an anti spam filter and/or letting your ISP know about them as the ISP may well have filters in place that can intercept the spam.  I would contact your ISP and see if they can help with this.

Regards, Baldrick
Thnx Baldrick -
I have contacted my ISP. They were not much help. But I will try again.
Userlevel 7
Hi QoE

You are most welcome.  Alternatively you could investigate & install a separate anti spam app to 'protect' your email client. There are a number of good ones out there some of which are or have a freeware version.  Another option, perhaps?

Regards, Baldrick
Update: Went back to my ISP tech support June 30. They manually filtered about 30 spoof domain names. Hopefully this will head them off at the gulch.