cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Frequent Voice

Re: Stop the pop ups!

Another pop-up today, same computer...I needed to review the same report again.  And was not right after a reboot...computer had been on all day.  Not sure why this is so necessary.  Like the OP suggested, sending an email would be much less rude/invasive (or more respectful).  Plus, the report isn't even right...it says I have 6 computers monitored but not true, just 5 on a 5-license family deal.  On five show in my console view.  I surely hope my parents are not receiving these too...it's tough enough trying to answer their basic questions with additional confusion.  I'm the account owner so I'll assume it's only hitting me.

Frequent Voice

And again.  I sent another request to support...maybe they can help or escalate.  Just posting to log the problem is continuing.

Frequent Voice

Just received an email to check my security report.  This is ridiculous.

Gold VIP

Hi gpb500

Whilst I very much sympathise with you we are in the hands of the Development Team in terms of any new fucntionality to allow more granular control as to when and how often the pop ups appear.

Regards, Baldrick

Untitled-1.png

Webroot SecureAnywhere Complete Beta Tester v9.0.24.37, imaged by Macrium Reflect v7.2

Frequent Voice

Of course, I realize that.  Was simply pointing out how frequently this is occurring and how some of us find it more of a nuisance perhaps than others.  I'm not asking the community for help...just posting for informational purposes.  I'll post back for those interested if there is a solution or anything new relevant to this.  Based on my last contact, I don't expect anything.  Cheers.    -- Greg

Gold VIP

Hi Greg

Apologies...I mistook your post for a request for a response, etc.

Regards, Baldrick

Untitled-1.png

Webroot SecureAnywhere Complete Beta Tester v9.0.24.37, imaged by Macrium Reflect v7.2

Thank You for posting. I understand your fustration. That's why I'm here, for the exact same reason / complaint. I only hope there is, or will be a way to stop Webroot pop-ups like "How to avoid phishing...". I have a dedicated security machine with Webroot on it. Webroot pop-ups literally block part of the screen, defeating the very purpose of my system to begin with. It is enough for me to look at other products. Very fustrating.

Administrator

@Kaweah1 wrote:

Thank You for posting. I understand your fustration. That's why I'm here, for the exact same reason / complaint. I only hope there is, or will be a way to stop Webroot pop-ups like "How to avoid phishing...". I have a dedicated security machine with Webroot on it. Webroot pop-ups literally block part of the screen, defeating the very purpose of my system to begin with. It is enough for me to look at other products. Very fustrating.

This has been disabled, only a matter of time before your system checks in with our server for the new push to remove it. Once this happens, the pop-up will no longer occur.

Thank You for that good news and your quick response. I hope to stick with Webroot. Just wanted to voice my opinion and concerns. Thanks again, Robert

Administrator

@Kaweah1 wrote:

Thank You for that good news and your quick response. I hope to stick with Webroot. Just wanted to voice my opinion and concerns. Thanks again, Robert

Thank you for voicing your opinion and concerns, this Community is how we better understand the users.