cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Stop the pop ups!

"This has been disabled?" Don't think so given that the issue was opened in 2015 and it's been 3 years.

I see the "Prevent Phishing" message EVERY time my PC resumes from standby/sleep.

A. You should be able to disable such things. They don't make me like the software anymore (even if what you think you're providing is "helpful", it's not helpful to everyone).

B. How many times does someone have to click "dismiss" to make it believe that I don't want to read it?

C. You have a tray icon. If you have something you think is important to me, then put a marker on the tray icon. You DON'T need to get in my face. That's what PHISHERs and malware do.  And yes, I can turn off the tray icon, too. (Which I am GOING to do to see if that really stops the pop-ups) 

D. It will only be a matter of time before malware impersonates your in-the-face pop-ups to deliver more malware.

WebrootSettings_diepopups.pngPerhaps a "don't pop up option"?

Administrator

@StevenTheAmusing wrote:

"This has been disabled?" Don't think so given that the issue was opened in 2015 and it's been 3 years.

I see the "Prevent Phishing" message EVERY time my PC resumes from standby/sleep.

A. You should be able to disable such things. They don't make me like the software anymore (even if what you think you're providing is "helpful", it's not helpful to everyone).

B. How many times does someone have to click "dismiss" to make it believe that I don't want to read it?

C. You have a tray icon. If you have something you think is important to me, then put a marker on the tray icon. You DON'T need to get in my face. That's what PHISHERs and malware do.  And yes, I can turn off the tray icon, too. (Which I am GOING to do to see if that really stops the pop-ups) 

D. It will only be a matter of time before malware impersonates your in-the-face pop-ups to deliver more malware.

WebrootSettings_diepopups.pngPerhaps a "don't pop up option"?

I have a couple things for you to try then, as my computer was doing the same until I forced it to check in.

• Reboot your computer

And/or

• Run two manual scans from the Webroot program window

This will force it to check in, and yes it has been disabled on our end for a few days now. If you are still seeing these, it has to be due to a lack of communication with our server since the initial 24 hour push. This is usually caused by the computer being off during a large part of that time, lack of internet connection, or several other factors. Ultimately, if you follow the two steps I listed above, the message will stop.

And it continues to get in my face. I think the comments from @LLiddell about it being stopped are wrong. I've done 5 more manual scans, my computer has been restarted 4 times over the last month. Still this:

WebRootPopup_20180722.pngYet another pop up of this same message.... will it ever end?

By the way, this is even with the tray icon and other items turned "off" as I noted in my prior message.

Administrator

@StevenTheAmusing wrote:

And it continues to get in my face. I think the comments from @LLiddell about it being stopped are wrong. I've done 5 more manual scans, my computer has been restarted 4 times over the last month. Still this:

WebRootPopup_20180722.pngYet another pop up of this same message.... will it ever end?

By the way, this is even with the tray icon and other items turned "off" as I noted in my prior message.

Would you mind sending me your email address and/or phone number via direct message? This is the only instance I've heard of where it still exists, so we need to figure out what's going on.