Solved

Subscription Renewal

Userlevel 2
Badge +8
Hi, I have used webrrot for 5 years or more and I was just going to renew my internet securtiy complete, but is is $99 aussie dollars, about 20 more than just buying it again, so I started shopping around and it can be purchased far cheaper elsewhere and on top of that products like bitdefender and kaspersky are less exspensive to just buy a new copy of.  I am wondering before I jump ship does anyone knows of anywhere reputable to purchase a renewal at a  reasonable price. 

Last time my renewal came up I chatted with a community rep who gave me an awesome multi year deal at a good price, but that chat option does not see to be available any longer and jumping through hoops everytime I renew and buy a new sub and having it changed over to my current account for password manager is sort a annoying.

I asked this question also on twitter a few days ago but not heard back, so sort of wondering if webroot cares about old customers ?

So in short does anyone know of any good deals on webroot complete renewal.

Thanks for your time
Phil
icon

Best answer by TripleHelix 31 May 2018, 17:38

View original

17 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi krahl

Welcome to the Community Forums.

Have to say that having checked out what you say there does seem to be a disconnect between new purchases & renewals over on the Webroot website, and it is as you say New purchase = AU $74.99 whilst renewal of the same = AU $99.99.

This in my opinion has to be an error and so I will ping our Community Manager, @ to see if he can find out whether it is indeed an unfortunate case of misalignment or not.

Regards, Baldrick 

Perhaps Webroot is going in the same direction as the Cable Companies/ and the Internet providers and the thousands of other businesses. They charge a price that is attractive at first and then when its time to renew; the price is not so attractive anymore.
It does seem though that a loyal, long time customer and a consistent paying customer should get the best price possible but that's not the case.

Heck.....even a stingy Bank will offer a good customer a better Interest rate than a not so good customer.
Userlevel 7
Hi ROBERT1725

Well, I don't know abou cable companies, but IMHO the renewal price should not be more than the new purchase price offered by the same institution/vendor...that just does not make commercial sense to me.

A discount, for a renewal, on the prevailing new purchase price would also be nice but one cannot have everything...but one can hope...one day.

Regards, Baldrick
Greetings Baldrick, I totally agree with you, I wish my Cable Company and my Internet provider would follow the same logic. Not much to choose from where Im located so its a grin and bear it situation.
Userlevel 2
Badge +8
what did your Community Manager say
Userlevel 7
Well, he has not postedback so I will ping him @, in the hope ofa response this time.

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 7
Badge +36
@ wrote:
Hi, I have used webrrot for 5 years or more and I was just going to renew my internet securtiy complete, but is is $99 aussie dollars, about 20 more than just buying it again, so I started shopping around and it can be purchased far cheaper elsewhere and on top of that products like bitdefender and kaspersky are less exspensive to just buy a new copy of.  I am wondering before I jump ship does anyone knows of anywhere reputable to purchase a renewal at a  reasonable price. 

Last time my renewal came up I chatted with a community rep who gave me an awesome multi year deal at a good price, but that chat option does not see to be available any longer and jumping through hoops everytime I renew and buy a new sub and having it changed over to my current account for password manager is sort a annoying.

I asked this question also on twitter a few days ago but not heard back, so sort of wondering if webroot cares about old customers ?

So in short does anyone know of any good deals on webroot complete renewal.

Thanks for your time
Phil
If you are able to reach out to our sales team, they can match that pricing for you. They can be reached at 1-866-612-4268. If it is a price shown on our website for a new product, and you renew with us over the phone, we can reduce the pricing to match.

@, if you reach out to me directly I can insure that you are taken care of, so please feel free to direct message me with your contact info.
Userlevel 2
Badge +8
Thanks very much, I have sent you a message 🙂
I was told by Customer Service that they'd be happy to discount my renewal to $59.99/year. I can go to the store, or buy online for $39.99. They told me it would be best if I just went out and bought it new and then call them to link my key code to the new product. Why would I want to do that? Really makes me want to switch products.
Userlevel 7
Badge +63
@ wrote:
I was told by Customer Service that they'd be happy to discount my renewal to $59.99/year. I can go to the store, or buy online for $39.99. They told me it would be best if I just went out and bought it new and then call them to link my key code to the new product. Why would I want to do that? Really makes me want to switch products.
Sure you can get betters deals that are not directly from Webroot and there is nothing wrong with that but on the Webroot Community we can't show where the deals are at so go look for them they are out there.
Doesn’t make any sense why others could sell it less than the company who makes it, and why wouldn’t loyal customers receive better deals...
@ wrote:
Doesn’t make any sense why others could sell it less than the company who makes it, and why wouldn’t loyal customers receive better deals...

Windows 10 Home from Microsoft.com = $119.00

Windows 10 Home from Newegg.com = $89.00

Happens all the time. 😉
Userlevel 1
Badge +7
Exactly.  I just renewed (err... purchased a new keycode), didn't want to but the wife hates change.  Bought it for half price on Amazon vs. renewing through Webroot.  Then you have to jump through hoops to get them to associate your account to the new keycode so you can access your password manager. 

Contacted support two days ago and asked them to do this, they sent me instructions on how to activate the keycode.  No crap, it is already activated.  I told them what needed to be done and they still don't do it.  Same thing every year for over five years. Guess they don't work weekends because I am still waiting.  And the wife is complaining she can't log into anything, told her she should have listened to me!

Their system is ridiculous!!  If I add a keycode to my account and it is activated, everything should work!!  Shouldn't matter where I got the keycode.  Shouldn't have to contact support and wait.  It should work.  Webroot needs to fix their system and/or have competitive pricing on renewals.
Userlevel 7
Badge +36
@ wrote:
Exactly.  I just renewed (err... purchased a new keycode), didn't want to but the wife hates change.  Bought it for half price on Amazon vs. renewing through Webroot.  Then you have to jump through hoops to get them to associate your account to the new keycode so you can access your password manager. 

Contacted support two days ago and asked them to do this, they sent me instructions on how to activate the keycode.  No crap, it is already activated.  I told them what needed to be done and they still don't do it.  Same thing every year for over five years. Guess they don't work weekends because I am still waiting.  And the wife is complaining she can't log into anything, told her she should have listened to me!

Their system is ridiculous!!  If I add a keycode to my account and it is activated, everything should work!!  Shouldn't matter where I got the keycode.  Shouldn't have to contact support and wait.  It should work.  Webroot needs to fix their system and/or have competitive pricing on renewals.
If you can direct message me your two keycodes I can transfer the days over from the new license to the old one that has the password manager attached to it.
Userlevel 7
Badge +63
@ wrote:

@ wrote:
@ wrote:

If you can direct message me your two keycodes I can transfer the days over from the new license to the old one that has the password manager attached to it.
Awesome now that is what I call service! It has been this simple since 2012 and I don't know why users have to jump through hoops to get this done now as I have done it many times via the Ticket support system!
Userlevel 2
Badge +8
Back to this time of year again and again its like $79 to renew or $29 to buy new

Does anyone know of a cheaper renewal to save the hassle of buying new and having to reach out to support for password manage r to be moved to new account

Cheers
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello @krahl ,

I am not aware of any cheaper renewal plans. Your only option as I see it is to purchase new and Contact Webroot Support to transfer your Passwords (LastPass) and Back up & Sync if you have Webroot Anywhere Security Complete for 5 devices or SecureAnyware Internet Security Plus for 3 devices.

Hope this helps somewhat?🙄