Solved

System Analyzer "updates are available for your system" How to find them? Which ones?

• 9 October 2016
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 2
System analyzer says that updates are available for my system, but I cannot tell what it refers to. Any way to find out? the log (text file) that is generated after is not clear.
icon

Best answer by BurnDaddy 9 October 2016, 14:45

View original

5 replies

Hi Jeff,

I agree with you that the System Analyzer is rather vague when it comes to what needs updating. I would check things like Windows updates, whether Adobe Flash is up to date, and be sure you're browsers are all running the latest version. You should also keep an eye out when using programs/apps to see if any alert you to an update needed for them.

If you find that you still cannot pinpoint the problem then please submit a trouble ticket and support can assist you in determining the source of these alerts.

Hope this info helps,

BD

Userlevel 7
Hello Jeff,

If I may add to what BurnDaddy posted, Please see this post by ? I agree with him. ;)

https://community.webroot.com/t5/Ideas-Exchange/Remove-System-Analyzer-from-all-products-and-just-leave-it-as-a/idi-p/263631
@ wrote:
Hello Jeff,

If I may add to what BurnDaddy posted, Please see this post by @ I agree with him. ;)

https://community.webroot.com/t5/Ideas-Exchange/Remove-System-Analyzer-from-all-products-and-just-leave-it-as-a/idi-p/263631
Thanks, PTD. I had forgotten about that request. But TripleHelix is right, the System Analyzer is just not that useful and should either be improved or retired.;)

BD
Userlevel 2
Thank you! One update that I found that resolved the "update needed" was Adobe Flash Player (for Firefox). Too bad Webroot is not more specific - that update could be considered a very important security-related update, as I understand it.
Userlevel 7
To view more detailed information, click the View Report Details button.
To save the report, click the Save Results button.
To To exit the report, click the Close button.

This should show you the specifics of the update in question.