cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Task Manager

I've put in my ticket, and the support team asked me to run a log collecting tool, which then uploaded the results for their review.

I am currently waiting to hear back. I would suggest others put in tickets too, regardless if others have. Each situation could be slightly different based on Operating System, installed versions of Webroot, and other software on your computer. It certainly does not hurt to put a ticket in, and that is why we have support with our licenses.

I will update here as I get more info.

Frequent Voice

I would be happy to submit a support ticket, but when I enter my e-mail address I am told to enter a password that I have previously been given to continue the conversation.  I haven't started any conversation about this with Webroot Support, and if I've ever submitted a ticket it would have been well over a year ago, I have no idea what the "password that would have been sent to me" was, and I don't see any way to say I don't want to continue a previous conversation, I want to start a new one.  Sounds like Webroot only gives you one lifetime issue to ask for support on...

Gold VIP

Hello smoddelm,

Please check out this help article below to change Password.

Follow the instructions below to reset your password or security code.

1. Click on the "Can't log in?" link in blue next to the Log In button.

2. Select if you would like to reset your Password or Personal Security Code.

3. Enter your email address in the box provided.

If after entering your email address you receive a message stating, "Your account has not been activated," you can have the activation email resent to you. Click the Resend Email button and follow the instructions in the email. If you need assistance confirming your account, click here.

If you get an error stating, "Error(UPW003): The email address you entered does not exist in our system. Please check the email address you entered or use the email address to create an account," click here for solutions.  

4. Type in the answer to your Security Question. This answer is case sensitive.

5. If answered correctly, you will be sent an email with a link to reset your Password or Personal Security Code as you requested. Click the link in the email to reset your credentials. Once this is done, you should be able to log in normally.

Or you can contact Technical Support at 1-866-612-4227, Monday through Friday from 7am-6pm.

Hope this helps?

Sherry

original.png Microsoft® Windows Insider MVP - Windows Security

Helpful Webroot Links:

Download (PC) | Download (Best Buy Subscription) | Submit Trouble Ticket | Account Console | User_Guides | BrightCloud URL lookup

Register
and Introduce yourself to The Community!

ALIENWARE 17R4 Win 10 Pro x64 / Mac OS X El Capitan (10.11.6), IPad's, PCs,W 10 & (VM:10) & Webroot® SecureAnywhere™ Internet Security Complete (Android Samsung Note 4) Beta Tester,Windows Insider Builds
Frequent Voice

Thanks, but I can log in to Webroot (site, community, etc.) with no problem.  It appears to be a password specific to an old support ticket that they're looking for - something the message says they sent to me.  There doesn't seem to be an option to say I'm not trying to continute the discussion about that ticket, I'm trying to start something new.

Also, since I have uninstalled Webroot until this is resolved, I won't be able to provide the logging data that others say they are being asked for.  I guess I'll just continute to follow this thread and if there's a solution, I'll get rid of the new AV I installed and reinstall Webroot.

Gold VIP

Hi smoddelm,

Let me ping @JP and see if he can assist?

@smoddelm are you getting this below?  Click on Forgot Password? Just making sure we are on same page?

https://www.webrootanywhere.com/servicewelcome.asp

2018-01-12_13-58-57.png

Sherry

Helpful Webroot Links:

Download (PC) | Download (Best Buy Subscription) | Submit Trouble Ticket | Account Console | User_Guides | BrightCloud URL lookup

Register

ALIENWARE 17R4 Win 10 Pro x64 / Mac OS X El Capitan (10.11.6), IPad's, PCs,W 10 & (VM:10) & Webroot® SecureAnywhere™ Internet Security Complete (Android Samsung Note 4) Beta Tester,Windows Insider Builds
Highlighted
Frequent Voice

I'm not trying to recover a lost password.  As I said, I don't want to continue a "prior" dialog with tech support.  That would be about something different entirely - I don't even remember what it was, it was so long ago.  I know my general password for Webroot and that is of no use in getting to submit a support ticket.

Also, since I've uninstalled Webroot I cannot do any logging to help troubleshoot the problem.  Maybe most people don't use task manager often, but I use it all the time and keep Firefox running continuously, so I'm not a candidate for helping to solve this problem - it would be too disruptive to my work. 

This is the second time in the past several months that Webroot has been the culprit in an annoying problem, the other being the issue with e-mail images not showing in Outlook. At least that one was solvable by unticking a box in Webroot settings.  Although I will reinstall Webroot if this gets fixed, and will follow this thread to see what happens, I am a little surprised that things like this get by their testing.

Gold VIP

Thank you for explaining your situation again. I understand your position.

Hopefully Webroot will fix this soon in the next release. @PVaddi might be able to give us some information on whether they are aware of this issue.

Sherry

Helpful Webroot Links:

Register

Administrator

Hi All, 

We have fixed a bug in our upcoming 9.0.19.xx version that resolves an issues that we encounted after the Firefox Quantum update in Nov 17'. 

Specifically, our ID shield in combination with the Firfox quantum update was resulting into high CPU usage and we had complaints about machines being unresponsive for a few of our customers that reached out to our support team. 

This fix is currently part of the latest Beta version, Beta users i would really appreciate if someone can confirm that the issue was infact resolved. 

@NichoUnited, If you are not part of our Beta program, you should receive our new version by next week if you dont already have it. 

Please keep us posted on whether your issue was resolved after receiving the update.

Thanks

Pawani

Frequent Voice

I'd be happy to be a beta tester since I have had the issue on three computers including a brand new installation.  Is there a way to sign up, or doesn one have to be invited?

Gold VIP

@PVaddi wrote:

Hi All, 

We have fixed a bug in our upcoming 9.0.19.xx version that resolves an issues that we encounted after the Firefox Quantum update in Nov 17'. 

Specifically, our ID shield in combination with the Firfox quantum update was resulting into high CPU usage and we had complaints about machines being unresponsive for a few of our customers that reached out to our support team. 

This fix is currently part of the latest Beta version, Beta users i would really appreciate if someone can confirm that the issue was infact resolved. 

@NichoUnited, If you are not part of our Beta program, you should receive our new version by next week if you dont already have it. 

Please keep us posted on whether your issue was resolved after receiving the update.

Thanks

Pawani

Thank you for the updated information @PVaddi..very much appreciated.

Sherry

Helpful Webroot Links:

Register