cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Task Manager

Bronze VIP

Re: Task Manager

Community Leader

Re: Task Manager

@BurnDaddy

 

Applause not withstanding, what was the magic sauce that @TripleHelix conjured out of the air to fix this problem, so to speak. Smiley Wink

Community Leader

Bronze VIP

Re: Task Manager

Gold VIP

Re: Task Manager

Methinks that is a trade secret. Smiley Wink

 

After all, if Daniel divulged that, well, then everyone would have the 'magic sauce'. Smiley Very Happy

       Untitled-1.png


Webroot SecureAnywhere Complete Beta Tester v9.0.20.31, imaged by Macrium Reflect v7.1

Frequent Voice

Re: Task Manager

The Falls Creator of windows 10 is certainly the cause of o lot of pc issues. Windows explorer, video drivers, task manager and printer drivers just to name a few. These issues appear to affect pcs even with out webroot avt being installed. I must admit, that maybe I am fortunate in not having experienced any of these issues to date, but I do agree that Falls Creator has a lot to answer for.

Community Leader

Re: Task Manager


@Tarnak wrote:
Applause not withstanding, what was the magic sauce that @TripleHelix conjured out of the air to fix this problem, so to speak. Smiley Wink

I happen to know what this so-called "magic sauce" Smiley Frustrated is, but in the end it's up to @TripleHelix to let us know if and as he deems appropriate.

Community Leader

Re: Task Manager


@Muddy7 wrote:

@Tarnak wrote:
Applause not withstanding, what was the magic sauce that @TripleHelix conjured out of the air to fix this problem, so to speak. Smiley Wink

I happen to know what this so-called "magic sauce" Smiley Frustrated is, but in the end it's up to @TripleHelix to let us know if and as he deems appropriate.


Even though I wasn't affected by the problem, presumably because I hadn't updated to Windows 10 Build 1709, it would be good to know why. Ever curious! Smiley Wink

Community Leader

Gold VIP

Re: Task Manager


@Tarnak wrote:

@Muddy7 wrote:

@Tarnak wrote:
Applause not withstanding, what was the magic sauce that @TripleHelix conjured out of the air to fix this problem, so to speak. Smiley Wink

I happen to know what this so-called "magic sauce" Smiley Frustrated is, but in the end it's up to @TripleHelix to let us know if and as he deems appropriate.


Even though I wasn't affected by the problem, presumably because I hadn't updated to Windows 10 Build 1709, it would be good to know why. Ever curious! Smiley Wink


Hi Tarnak!

 

That is an interesting concept that you were not affected by Task Manager like most of here and on the Business side. But I do not think you'd be that curious with having this issue would you be? Because you like your system without any or many changes or deffects. It drove us that were affected CRAZY looking for a solution and also why it was happening. Thank goodness this was resolved by our own TripleHelix intervention!Smiley LOL

 

 

 

 


Sherry




original.png Microsoft® Windows Insider MVP - Windows Security



Helpful Webroot Links:

Download (PC) | Download (Best Buy Subscription) | Submit Trouble Ticket | Account Console | User_Guides | BrightCloud URL lookup

Register
and Introduce yourself to The Community!

ALIENWARE 17R4 Win 10 Pro x64 / Mac OS X El Capitan (10.11.6), IPad's, PCs,W 10 & W 8.1 R Pro. W 7 Pro ..Lenovo (VM:10) & Webroot® SecureAnywhere™ Internet Security Complete (Android Samsung Note 4) Beta Tester,Windows Insider Builds
New Voice

Re: Task Manager

@BurnDaddy, my apologies for the delayed reply. Thank you for your comments. I have since signed up as a BETA user as well and have downloaded it today to try. Sure enough, it fixed the problem! Very happy now! it's odd that some people with Webroot has this issue, and some don't, but at least the beta seems to have fixed the issue that I was having in relation to this issue.

 

Just for interest sake. Although not related to Webroot as far as I can tell, I have an issue with a Customer's Web application that won't work in IE on some PC's. Once again, a very peculiar issue, as it will work on one machine with Windows 10 Pro or Enterprise, with the same build and version as another machine. The only difference between the two are the hardware. I've even completely uninstalled Webroot but the issue persists, so it's clearly not related to Webroot. I've tried everything I possible could think and find, but just won't work. Unfortunately the vendor won't assist either as they say no one else is experiencing this issue with their web application. Also, the web application will only run in IE as it requires Enterprise Mode enabled. Oh, the frustrations of IT sometimes! 

 

 

Member

Re: Task Manager

That's great news to hear 9.0.20 will resolve the process view issue in taskmgr!

 

Do we have a 'ballpark eta' for its release? I've just applied for access to the beta group and will wait for that to come through as I'm keen to test it out on a few of the PC's here where not being able to access the taskmgr has been a real pain in the a** and thus a lot of hard resets have been needed with lack of reliable access to the takmgr.

 

Its only been happening since 1709 (what a dog's breakfast of a release!). I was hoping 1803 would resolve it but to my dismay, I just completed a bare metal build of 1803 and the problem still exists.

 

In hindsight, I should have started on page 15 of this thread instead of page 1 haha.

 

Cheers and thanks to everyone involved in resolving this very painful issue.

 

Troy