cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Task Manager

Gold VIP

Re: Task Manager

Hi Webgroot

Whilst I sympathise with what you are saying I have to say that in my mind I can understand the delay...this issue only affects a few out there (not an excuse in itself I hasten to add) and as a result (i) it may take more time to find the cause then something that affects the majority of users & (ii) therefore Webroot have to tread more carefully so as to make sure that a fix for the few does not cause an issue for the many as a result.

This is an invidious conundrum which I have come across, many times in my line of work, and fallen foul of on, unfortunately, a small number of occasions.

But as I said...all your points are good ones, and I have commented only in the interests of context.

Regards, Baldrick

Untitled-1.png

Webroot SecureAnywhere Complete Beta Tester v9.0.20.31, imaged by Macrium Reflect v7.1

Popular Voice

Hi Baldrick,

I too understand that it takes time to come up with a solution that won't break other things, however it's been nearly 4 months since I first ran into the issue. This isn't the first time Webroot has been slow to respond to things either.

I started a case with Webroot on 01/05/17; we couldn't get Webroot installed on one of our machines. They said they were working on it; a few months in and they stopped communicating with me, I kept having to follow up and still no solution. Jump to 11/22/17 and still couldn't get it installed ; I had one of our users put on a different AV since he couldn't get it to install. Finally on 01/02/18 we were able to get it installed after the Fall Creators Update.

Back to this issue, it's been affecting me personally. I've had my machine lock up twice whilst trying to write this post. The task manager is a vital part of our users' tool set. We train our users to use the task manager when they need to check performance, see what's running, and end processes. Even after I reinstall Webroot, I'm able to lock up my machine just by opening the task manager and sorting the Apps and Background processes by name.

It's been not only frustrating, but embarrassing to have to explain to not only our users but to management what's been happening. I invite anyone to put themselves in my shoes.

I do surprisingly still like the Webroot client despite the issues that have happened in the last year, but I gotta be honest; from a business standpoint this is unacceptable. I used to be an active part of the community, but since the experiences I've had with Webroot support in the last year, I've been really discouraged from posting because I didn't really have much good to say. Yes, Webroot does protect well and is easy to deploy and manage but when you can't get it installed on certain endpoints and it locks up machines just by opening the task manager - how are you supposed to defend against that?

I'm not trying to bash Webroot - I'm just being honest. I can't say something is good when it's not. We're still using it and I would like to see it get better than it is now. This is a call to action. Support really has done a poor job of followup - I say poor, but I really mean non-existent. They had said to monitor the product releases for updates - I've not seen any since they asked me to over 3 weeks ago. Not really sure what else to do, so I had decided to do my own research and was sharing some of my findings.

I am Webgroot.

Gold VIP

Hello @Webgroot,

I know saying I'm sorry to hear you're having thsee issues and for all the inconveniences hardly helps. Smiley Sad

Maybe I can get this esculated by @freydrew and see if he can get you further assistance in this matter?

I know I'm having the same issues and hoping that this gets resolved.  Some of are fortunate and aren't having this Task Manager issue but that doesn't help solve the problem or soothe us who are. I have since gone to Process Explorer for the time being....

Sherry

original.png Microsoft® Windows Insider MVP - Windows Security

Helpful Webroot Links:

Download (PC) | Download (Best Buy Subscription) | Submit Trouble Ticket | Account Console | User_Guides | BrightCloud URL lookup

Register
and Introduce yourself to The Community!

ALIENWARE 17R4 Win 10 Pro x64 / Mac OS X El Capitan (10.11.6), IPad's, PCs,W 10 & W 8.1 R Pro. W 7 Pro ..Lenovo (VM:10) & Webroot® SecureAnywhere™ Internet Security Complete (Android Samsung Note 4) Beta Tester,Windows Insider Builds
Community Leader

@SophiaC or @BradW I also have the issue if Google Chrome is open and if I open Task Manager and I have to do a Hard Reboot to get my system back. And some have the same issues with the new Firefox Quantum. Any news on a fix for this?

Thanks,

Daniel

Daniel Bow.gif

EPA.giforiginal (6).png

original.png Microsoft® Windows Insider MVP - Windows Security beta_tester_transparent.png

Gold VIP

@TripleHelix wrote:

@SophiaC I also have the issue if Google Chrome is open and if I open Task Manager and I have to do a Hard Reboot to get my system back. And some have the same issues with the new Firefox Quantum. Any news on a fix for this?

Thanks,

Daniel

Hi Daniel,

What's odd is I do not have this Task Manager issue with Chrome. ..So asking Sophia was a great idea to see what's going on if there is any progress/updates about this issue. 

Sherry

Helpful Webroot Links:

Download (PC) | Download (Best Buy Subscription) | Submit Trouble Ticket | Account Console | User_Guides | BrightCloud URL lookup

Register

ALIENWARE 17R4 Win 10 Pro x64 / Mac OS X El Capitan (10.11.6), IPad's, PCs,W 10 & W 8.1 R Pro. W 7 Pro ..Lenovo (VM:10) & Webroot® SecureAnywhere™ Internet Security Complete (Android Samsung Note 4) Beta Tester,Windows Insider Builds
Community Leader

@Ssherjj wrote:

@TripleHelix wrote:

@SophiaC I also have the issue if Google Chrome is open and if I open Task Manager and I have to do a Hard Reboot to get my system back. And some have the same issues with the new Firefox Quantum. Any news on a fix for this?

Thanks,

Daniel

Hi Daniel,

What's odd is I do not have this Task Manager issue with Chrome. ..So asking Sophia was a great idea to see what's going on if there is any progress/updates about this issue. 

But you have the issue with Firefox Quantum right?

Daniel Bow.gif

EPA.giforiginal (6).png

original.png Microsoft® Windows Insider MVP - Windows Security beta_tester_transparent.png

Gold VIP

@TripleHelix wrote:

@Ssherjj wrote:

@TripleHelix wrote:

Thanks,

Daniel

Hi Daniel,

But you have the issue with Firefox Quantum right?

Yes it's been an issue for months now with Firefox Quantum . Smiley Sad

Sherry

Helpful Webroot Links:

Register

Bronze VIP

Well I have to say, this whole Task Manager issue is odd. I have Webroot installed on numerous Windows 10 machines and was only having the issue using Firefox (59.0.2) on only one of my machines (Windows 10 Pro - KB4088776 OS Build 16299.309). However, the issue went away on that one problematic machine after installing the Windows update dated March 22nd (KB4089848 OS Build 16299.334). Yet on 5 other machines I've had no issues at all, regardless of Windows version or browser. Smiley Surprised

So, for me anyway, I'm not sure whether this is a Webroot problem or a Windows problem?

Just my 2 cents. Smiley Wink

BD

Silver VIP

I have just run Task Manager with WSA running and the laptop froze.

Then ran it with WSA disabled and there was no problem with task manager.

http://community.webroot.com/html/assets/SigSVIP.png  beta_tester_transparent.png

Luminary Signature.png

2016-07-18_12-11-32.png  Microsoft® Windows Insider MVP - Windows Security

Bronze VIP

@Jasper_The_Rasper wrote:

I have just run Task Manager with WSA running and the laptop froze.

Then ran it with WSA disabled and there was no problem with task manager.

Thanks for the info, Jasper. I spoke too soon. I still have the issue in Firefox on the one machine, but for me the Task Manager issue seems to be related to how many tabs I have open in Firefox. If I have just 1 tab open, I only notice a slight cursor delay. But the more tabs I have open the slower things get. More the 4 tabs open and things get unusable. But I still have the other machines with no problems at all so I really don't know what the issue is. Hopefully Webroot comes up with something soon. Smiley Wink