cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Frequent Voice

Re: Task Manager

I experienced the same issue with Windows 10 falls creator 1709 build. Upon disabling webroot the problem dissappeadi. I am convinced as an IT professional that the issue lays with the act.

Community Expert Advisor

@jllp128 wrote:

I experienced the same issue with Windows 10 falls creator 1709 build. Upon disabling webroot the problem dissappeadi. I am convinced as an IT professional that the issue lays with the act.

Well I'm sorry but I don't understand what you are trying to say?

Daniel Bow.gif

EPA.giforiginal (6).png

original.png Microsoft® Windows Insider MVP - Windows Security beta_tester_transparent.png

Frequent Voice

Sorry predictive email client. Should have read avt anti virus toolkit

Frequent Voice

@jllp128 wrote:

Sorry predictive email client. Should have read avt anti virus toolkit

Popular Voice

Hi Sherry,

Thank you for your reply. I think this issue should be escalated, if not already... I'd be pretty shocked to be honest if this wasn't a top priority. From my experience in our environment and reading about the same issue others are experiencing, I can safely say that this is affecting a considerable amount of people that are running Webroot.

I've already reached out to @akim (Anna Kim), and she's really good about escalating things, but I think it ultimately falls on the developers and their QA/QC process.

I appreciate the support!

I am Webgroot.

Gold VIP

@Webgroot wrote:
Hi Sherry,

Thank you for your reply. I think this issue should be escalated, if not already... I'd be pretty shocked to be honest if this wasn't a top priority.

I've already reached out to @akim (Anna Kim), and she's really good about escalating things, but I think it ultimately falls on the developers and their QA/QC process.

I appreciate the support!

You're most welcome @Webgroot,

I agree this should be top priority already and I really hope Webroot Developers can fix this Task Manager issue soon. 

Yes you can count on Anna! Smiley Wink

Sherry

original.png Microsoft® Windows Insider MVP - Windows Security

Helpful Webroot Links:

Download (PC) | Download (Best Buy Subscription) | Submit Trouble Ticket | Account Console | User_Guides | BrightCloud URL lookup

Register
and Introduce yourself to The Community!

ALIENWARE 17R4 Win 10 Pro x64 / Mac OS X El Capitan (10.11.6), IPad's, PCs,W 10 & (VM:10) & Webroot® SecureAnywhere™ Internet Security Complete (Android Samsung Note 4) Beta Tester,Windows Insider Builds
Administrator

We are investigating this issue which is occurring for customers on Windows 10 Fall Creator's Update with the Spectre/Meltdown patch. We would suggest you check for all available Windows, browser, and Webroot updates, followed by a reboot and see if the issue is still occurring. You may also try disabling Windows Defender, as this has worked for some users. If you are still experiencing the issue, please contact our support team directly so that they can help you with additional troubleshooting, as well as gather additional information to get to get the full scope of impact this issue is causing.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Anna - Webroot Sr. Advocate Programs Manager
Community Expert Advisor

@akim wrote:

We are investigating this issue which is occurring for customers on Windows 10 Fall Creator's Update with the Spectre/Meltdown patch. We would suggest you check for all available Windows, browser, and Webroot updates, followed by a reboot and see if the issue is still occurring. You may also try disabling Windows Defender, as this has worked for some users. If you are still experiencing the issue, please contact our support team directly so that they can help you with additional troubleshooting, as well as gather additional information to get to get the full scope of impact this issue is causing.

Hi Anna,

Just one thing you can't run Windows Defender in Realtime with WSA so are you saying to turn off Periodic Scanning if one has it enabled?

Thanks,

Daniel

2018-04-02_18-21-49.png

2018-04-02_18-18-06.png

Daniel Bow.gif

EPA.giforiginal (6).png

original.png Microsoft® Windows Insider MVP - Windows Security beta_tester_transparent.png

Project Manager

Hello everyone,

To add to Anna's information above, there are changes already released in the 9.0.19 branch to address some performance and high CPU issues. There are additional changes coming in the 9.0.20 branch which we expect to be available for preview on the ByInvite and Beta grabwords in the near future. Please check the PC Beta group for upcoming information about 9.0.20 preview availability.

Thanks,

Brad

Gold VIP

Thank you Brad and Anna for this information and update. Looking forward to the new Beta! 

Sherry

original.png Microsoft® Windows Insider MVP - Windows Security

Helpful Webroot Links:

Download (PC) | Download (Best Buy Subscription) | Submit Trouble Ticket | Account Console | User_Guides | BrightCloud URL lookup

Register
and Introduce yourself to The Community!

ALIENWARE 17R4 Win 10 Pro x64 / Mac OS X El Capitan (10.11.6), IPad's, PCs,W 10 & (VM:10) & Webroot® SecureAnywhere™ Internet Security Complete (Android Samsung Note 4) Beta Tester,Windows Insider Builds