Solved

The weird issue with the Control Active Processes

• 23 March 2015
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi Webrooters! :D

I've noticed some strange error while using the Control Active Processes manager today.

First of all I can simply start it as always:

Also I can view all currently running processes and change their status between Allow/Monitor/Block:

It's also possible to terminate any process by using the right click menu.

However when I would like to get some "More Info" about any of them the same error appers all the time (both in the beta and in the stable version):

I must admit I haven't been using this option from a long time, but as I remember, it had been working without any issue in the past.

The same things happen and the same error appers when I want to check some more info in the reports:
Reports -> Execution History -> View History -> More Information.

I've got only WSA on my board, so potentially conflicts with other security solutions are impossible.

Any ideas? Could you please check how it works on your side?

Thanks in advance :D

Mike
icon

Best answer by Miquell 24 March 2015, 13:10

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Hi Mike it could be a Language localization issue so I would Submit a Support Ticket and the support staff can look into it as I have no problems viewing them. Also may I ask what Language localization you are using?

Thanks,

Daniel ;)

Userlevel 7
Hi Daniel :D

Thanks for your fast reply!;)

I'm using Windows 8.1 64bit with the Polish Language localization.

But I remember it was working some time ago...

Mike
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Yea if you want try a clean reinstall? And if that doesn't work Contact Support.

• Make sure you have a copy of your 20 Character Alphanumeric Keycode! Example:SA69-AANA-A783-DE78-C584
  • KEEP the computer online for Uninstall and Reinstall to make sure it works correctly
  • Use your Beta Download Link
  • Uninstall WSA and Reboot
  • Install with the new installer, enter your Keycode and don't import any settings if asked to as you can set it up as you like once it's done
  • Let it finish it's install scan
  • Reboot once again
Thanks,

Daniel 😉
Userlevel 7
Thanks Daniel :D

@ wrote:
Yea if you want try a clean reinstall? And if that doesn't work Contact Support.

• Make sure you have a copy of your 20 Character Alphanumeric Keycode! Example:SA69-AANA-A783-DE78-C584
  • KEEP the computer online for Uninstall and Reinstall to make sure it works correctly
  • Use your Beta Download Link
  • Uninstall WSA and Reboot
  • Install with the new installer, enter your Keycode and don't import any settings if asked to as you can set it up as you like once it's done
  • Let it finish it's install scan
  • Reboot once again

Of course I've tired this before I wrote this post, unfortunately without any positive results.
I've just send the message to the Support Team.

Thanks once again my friend :D

Mike

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Kwel! 😉
Userlevel 7
Hi Daniel :D

I just wanna share some good news with you about this issue :D

Although I've sent the message to the Support Team yesterday, I also decided to try to do something on my own.

After a long while spent on viewing and repairing my registry entries, a few reboots and a clean WSA installation
the Control Active Processes manager starts working as it should!:D

So I'm back into the game, now with all the great features of WSA - Hooray! :D

Cheers;)

Mike