Thought this software would block malware like Mediaplex and Zedo -- that's why I bought it. Help?

• 19 May 2016
  • 3 replies

I googled the best software to prevent Malware - so I purchased Webroot Secure Anywhere but everyday SpyHunter4 finds the same Malware.  Some please educate me.  Thanks!!!!

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi pdszady

Welcome to the Community Forums.

To be honest I would completely disregard what SpyHunter is reporting and if you have it installed I would remove it immediately.  SpyHunter has a very poor reputation in the market place and is widely reported to use agressive marketing techniques such as dubious malware reporting to get people to purchase their app.

Please also see this previous thread on the same subject. What Spyhunter is reporting is most likely PUAs or Potentially Unwanted Applications. WSA does detect and remove PUAs butnthe whole subject of what is a PUA is moot to say the least as one person's PUA may well be another person's favourite application.

If you have WSA  then ditch SpyHunter as quickly as you possibly can.

Regards, Baldrick

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
This is another reason I would not even look at it and I support Bleeping Computers and they will win the battle: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/announcement/frivolous-lawsuits/help-bleepingcomputer-defend-freedom-of-speech/

Daniel 😠
Userlevel 7
A very good point, well made, Daniel. ;)