Trouble Logging into Internet Server

• 1 March 2015
  • 1 reply

Hey,

First week with Webroot and I am encountering a problem with connecting to internet. I live in a student housing system that requires me to log into an internet server each time that I get online. The server usually prompts me to relog twice a day and everytime my computor shuts down. 

Each time I have rebooted, I clicked on chrome and it gives me the swirling wheel of waiting next to the website name. It says at the bottom that it is waiting for the webroot. It asks me to connect/log in to the webroot add on, but it is not possible until I sign in at the server. I have disabled webroot and each time, it automatically goes to the server and I can sign in. Afterwards, it is possible to turn on webroot again but it takes time to do this each time. 

Can someone help me? 

Ben 

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello thefunkyfoxx,

Welcome to the Community Forum,

Yes  there are some issues with the Web Filter can you please run Webroot’s Log Gathering Tool and put your email address in it and after it’s finished uploading then Submit a Support Ticket with the same email address and put in the ticket WSAlogs have been uploaded for the BrightCloud Team. And if you have any further questions feel free to ask!

WSALogs Log Gathering Tool Download Link:
http://download.webroot.com/wsalogs.exe

In the meantime can you check out these possible causes below?

Go the the menu bar in the upper right hand corner an choose Settings/History to Clear Local Cache.  This will sometimes solve the problem.

Do you have the latest Webroot toolbar from Chrome?https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/webroot-filtering-extensi/kjeghcllfecehndceplomkocgfbklffd

Also can go to Chrome menu to the right upper corner and click about Google Chrome and that will tell you if it needs an update?

Have you tried another browser like FF?

Are you sure you have a strong connection to your Internet server?

You can disable the Webroot tool bar for the time being by going to Settings/Extensions and disable the Webroot Webfilter after you submit those logs to support and see if that helps your connections

Hope this helps!

Kind Regards