Trying to log into PC Security allow/block files. Webroot is not accepting my password. Why?

• 20 July 2016
  • 3 replies

I need to allow a web site past Webroot.  Webroot identifies is as a trusted site; however, the site has a windoe which says I have a security block.  I talked to site administrator.  I was advised to to go to PO Security settings, allow/block, add a file.
Webroot asks for my password. It does not accept my password.  I have verified the password works by logging onto the Webroot web site.  does anyone hve a solution?

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi glassdolphinWelcome to the Community Forums.I believe that you are referring to the password that is set via Advanced Settings > Access Control rather than the one that you registered with and that one uses to access the online console.If I am correct and you have forgotten that password then I am afraid that there is only one way to recover from that...and I will have to private message this to you as we prefer not to give it out in open forum.Regards, Baldrick
That makes sense. My email address is ~ snip remove email address it's not a good idea in public snip ~  I appreciate your assistance.
Userlevel 7
Hi glassdolphin

When I said private message message I meant via the Community PM feature...apologies for the confusion and not being more specific.

Anyway...PM sent.

Regards, Baldrick