Unable to Open Webroot Console When System Wakes from Sleep

• 25 February 2015
  • 2 replies

Hello.

I didn't find this on any other thread in the forum.

When my system wakes from hybernation or sleep, when the icon is clicked in the notification area of the task bar, it doesn't open.  If I go to search and try to run it from there, it doesn't open. I can't "End Task" from the task manager to get the program to close so I can relaunch it.  The only thing that's worked for me is to restart my machine.

On a side note, the software continues to work as far as I can tell but just doesn't allow me to access it without a reboot.  Everything appears to be up-to-date with the software, too.

I'm on Windows 8.1 Professional 64-bit with 12gb RAM and sufficient drive space.  My system is running without issue other than this.  It's more of a nuisance than anything.

I'd appreciate any assistance on this.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello CrazyCharlie,

Welcome to the Community Forum,

This sounds very strange and I haven't come across this issue before.

Would you mind doing a clean reinstall of Webroot?

To do a clean reinstall of WSA and Please follow the steps closely!

• Make sure you have a copy of your 20 Character Alphanumeric Keycode! Example:SA69-AANA-A783-DE78-C584
  • KEEP the computer online for Uninstall and Reinstall to make sure it works correctly
  • Download a Copy Here (Best Buy Subscription PC users click HERE)
  • Uninstall WSA and Reboot
  • Install with the new installer, enter your Keycode and don't import any settings if asked to as you can set it up as you like once it's done
  • Let it finish it's install scan
  • Reboot once again
If you still are having problems then please submit a Support Ticket free of charge with an active subscription.,

Please let us know if the clean reinstall resolved your issue or not.

Thanks,

Thank you, Sherry.

I'll try this now and report back if that does the trick.