Upgrading Webroot Plus to Complete on Win 10

• 30 August 2015
  • 3 replies

Currently running Webroot Plus on Windows 10.  Just purchased from Amazon Webroot Complete.  Do I need to remove Webroot Plus before installing Complete?

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Hello KK2, welcome to the Community!

Usually no, there is no need to do much of anything.. and you do not even need to install the Complete.  All standard versions of WSA use the same installer, so all you probably need to do is simply change the key code.

Open WSA
Click the gear tool next to My Account
Enter the new key code in the box
Click the Activate button

This SHOULD upgrade you to the WSA-Complete if you were using a standard version of WSA-IS Plus.  IF your WSA Internet Security was actually a Best Buy Subscription Software version, that will not work.  In that case you will need to uninstall before you install the WSA-Complete
Userlevel 7
Hi KK2

Welcome to the Community Forums.

If I may just add to what David has advised...in relation to the Password Manager?  If you have been using that with your current but about to expire keycode and and you are renewing or continuing your subscription with a new keycode then you will need to Open a Support Ticket and ask the Support Team to transfer your password data from the current keytcode to the new one once you activate it.

This is becaue the password data is keyed amongst other things on the active keycode...so if yo change keycode then you will be unable to access the data until it is transferred. If you make the request just after you have activated the new keycode then hopefully there should not be too much of a delay in being able to access the password data again.

Now, if you do not use the Password Manager under Internet Security Plus or I have misunderstood the circumstances surrounding your question then please accept my apologies and disregard the above...EXCEPT for the Welcome bit. ;)

Regards, Baldrick

Userlevel 7
?, of course you may add to what I pur forth, and thank you very much for doing so!  I knew I was forgetting something in my reply.

Thank you my friend.  TEAMWORK  :)