WSA 2014 - popup warning doesn't stay in forefront

• 7 October 2013
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 7
I don't dare to call it a bug because I am not completely sure how it worked in the previous versions. The older I am the less I remember :@

The header speaks for itself ... any WSA popup jumps out and I open another application the popup is suppressed to the background. I think it would be better to have it always in the forefront.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
I have not had a pop up from it yet, but I 100% agree: when they do come up they need to be forced to stay on top until you release it.
Userlevel 7
Knowing what type of pop-up it is would be most beneficial in determining what's going on here. If it happens again, please note the kind of pop-up.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56

@ wrote:
Knowing what type of pop-up it is would be most beneficial in determining what's going on here. If it happens again, please note the kind of pop-up.
Infected window at the bottom Right it should always stay in the forefront if you have your browser open then the warning window goes behined the open Browser window.

Daniel

Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
Jim, just to complement Daniel's post, no prompt which WSA produces across all its protection modules doesn't stay in forefront. Besides infection alert showed by Daniel I am experiencing this problem with WSA alerts when an application is accessing protected data and when an application tries to connect to Internet.

It needs to be recoded as to all WSA prompts stay in the forefront.
Userlevel 7
There are two sides to this sort of discussion that we need to consider. While forcing the alerts to the front is useful if there is risk that a user might miss the alert otherwise, it would also possibly result in a negative user experience because of what could be considered, by some, to be invasive pop-ups. What if you, as the user, clicked on something else and intended to bring it in front of the Webroot pop-up, only to find the Webroot pop-up is forced in front of what you're trying to do? That could be considered by many to be an annoyance. It would be nice to track feedback on this to see what people think, and it might make for a good Idea.
Userlevel 7
Hi

What about a new option, under Advanced Settings/Scan Settings, giving the user the choice of 'Always on top' or not, i.e., as it comes...so to speak, and the default could be the latter?  I know that it is...yet another option...and we want to keep the executable as small as possible...but this might help with usability?

Regards, Balders
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
There are two sides to this sort of discussion that we need to consider. While forcing the alerts to the front is useful if there is risk that a user might miss the alert otherwise, it would also possibly result in a negative user experience because of what could be considered, by some, to be invasive pop-ups. What if you, as the user, clicked on something else and intended to bring it in front of the Webroot pop-up, only to find the Webroot pop-up is forced in front of what you're trying to do? That could be considered by many to be an annoyance. It would be nice to track feedback on this to see what people think, and it might make for a good Idea.
Just thinking if the alert Window is always in the forefront when Browsing wouldn't the ID Shield be affected as the Browser has to be the active Window to be protected? Just a thought.

Daniel