WSA C installed on compr & on my SmartPhone (Android) what is download/update.apk? ID as Trojan

• 3 March 2015
  • 1 reply

On my Smart Phone each time I reboot WSA comes up with a message  Storage/sdcard1/download/update.apk has been determined as a Trojan.   I quarantine it and run Scan  - No malicious files found
But next time I have to reboot  message reappears.   I believe it is from and Active Link device that I wear which sync s to the Weight Watcher App.    I have the Program on my Laptop as well but no evidence of any other message.
I am unsure of the origin but it does connect with the SmartPhone (Motorola Razr HD) and application on the Phone.  It also syncs with the program on the Laptop but no evidence of malicious content.
Can anyone help     Is this a dangerous Ap and should I permanently delete from the Quarantine
ceedee

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello ceedee,

Welcome to the Community Forum,

I'm not sure if this is a Trojan or a False Positive with this download/update.apk.

Would you submit a Support Ticket which is free of charge with a active subscription? They will glady help you with this issue.

Please get back to us to let us know how things turned out because this would be valuable to others with the same problem

Kind Regards,