Solved

WSAC disabled

• 31 March 2016
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 6
Hello,
Since 2-3 weeks, I get every day a message from the notification center who says: "Webroot and Windowsdefender are both disabled."

But when I verify my parameters, all is OK.

Does anyone experience the same issue ?

icon

Best answer by Asklepios 3 May 2016, 11:36

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello Asklepios,

This is a known issue that is affecting some users. The Support Team are working away at trying to provide a fix. For more infromation on this and for details of a potential fix (onlyseems to work for some userts who try it) please see this previous thread.And here is another thread about this issue

Webroot confirms that you are indeed protected despite what the Security Center states, and that it only relates to how the Security Center plays with WSA...which results in the annoying messages.
Userlevel 6
Hi Ssherjj
Thanks for your answer.
I have the same messages on my two Windows 10 PC.
But now I know that this is a well known issue and so I'm reassured:D
I read other topics and my own conclusion is that Microsoft seeks to impose Windows defender as the only anti-virus suitable for Windows:D
That's very democratic:D
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hi Asklepios,

You are certainly welcome. I just wish I could of helped more. But it's out of hands right now as the Development team works on this issue.

Of course Microsoft wants Windows Defender to be the only suitable AV that works for our OS's! LOLs:D
Userlevel 7
Hi Asklepios

Hope that you are well?

I believe that it is not a case of  "Microsoft seeks to impose Windows defender as the only anti-virus suitable for Windows" but rather that they have changed something in the way 3rd party application connect/interact with the Windows Security Centre...and whatever they did 'broke it'...LOL...hence why most probably the fix in part depends on what they do...unfortunately.

But like you I am only drawing my own conclusions...;)

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 6
Hi Baldrick
Thanks.
Everything's going well for me, and for you ?

Userlevel 7
Hi Asklepios

You are most welcome, as always. :D

Glad to hear that things are good for you. For me it is the weekend so things are good...thanks for asking ;)

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 6
Hi,
I have noted that since the upgrade 9.0.8.80 this problem seems to have disappeared.
Userlevel 7
Hi Asklepios

That seems to be the consensus view and also we are not getting any new post complaining about the issue so that also suggests that the issue is resolved. :D

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 6
Hi Baldrick,
I have accepted my previous post as solution:D