Solved

Want to buy webroot from Amazon. I am at Panamá, Central America.

• 29 August 2015
  • 7 replies

At Amazon sais that download is just for North America.  If I buy the disk option, is it going to work well at Panama, Central America?
icon

Best answer by Baldrick 29 August 2015, 01:43

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi Mytho

As far as I am aware keycode/subscriptions are not regionally based therefore as long as what you buy in whatever format provides you with a keycode then you should be able to download the latest installer from here, run it and apply and activate the keycode from there.

But perhaps either ? or ? could shed some light on how you should proceed?

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 7
Hello there, 

My understanding is generally the same as ?'s.  I do not think they are regional with one exception.  

The key codes for Best Buy Subscription Services are not actually regional in that they refuse to work outside of their home region as some AV's do, BUT there is a huge loophole here.  The Best Buy Subscriptions are valid for US addresses only.  They do sometimes run into a person who purchased a computer while in the US, and received WSA with the computer, but once that person returns home there is NO official support while outside the US.  They will attempt to help by way of talking someone through things, but any actual remote assistance is not available outside of the US
Userlevel 7
I do not know all of the AV companies and how they handle it, but I do know at least one or two major AV vendors DO indeed encode the key codes to be able to be used ONLY from certain regions.  Of course that is often based on IP address, so use of proxy can sometimes get past it
Thank you.
Userlevel 7
Mytho, 

Just make sure that the seller is Webroot.  Do not purchase if the seller is Best Buy or Geek Squad, because as I said above when sold by them it will NOT be supported for you.  Being sold by Webroot it will be.

Have a good day!
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
As far as I know there isn't any regional locking.  You can always buy directly from us rather than Amazon, if they won't sell to your area.  
Userlevel 7
Hi Nic

Thanks for the feedback...thatis good to know in raltion to future possible questions on the same topic.

Regards, Baldrick