Solved

Webroot Application Home

• 24 March 2015
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1
Hello, 
   I am currently running Internet Security Complete. Whenever I first open the program it shows total and removals and such. This is the same with the optimizer. I was wondering if there is anyway I can reset that. Everytime I see it it makes me panic that I have a virus. I know it was just what it detected before (my computer is clean now) and I want it back to zero. The reasoning is so that when I open it I can see if there is something new. Also with the optimizer it makes it look like it cleaned twice as much as it did because it shows the bytes from all the optimizes it has done. 

Lastely this is more of a suggestion but have you guys ever thought about making a Password Manager that can be its on application. Not just browser installed but its own thing. Also same with mobile so I don't have to download the web version you guys have made. I would rather just a Webroot Password Manager app that I can scroll through and see passwords I need. 

Thanks for your time friends,
~Legend_Bear~
icon

Best answer by RetiredTripleHelix 25 March 2015, 02:11

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 1
Hello, 
   I am currently running Internet Security Complete. Whenever I first open the program it shows total and removals and such. This is the same with the optimizer. I was wondering if there is anyway I can reset that. Everytime I see it it makes me panic that I have a virus. I know it was just what it detected before (my computer is clean now) and I want it back to zero. The reasoning is so that when I open it I can see if there is something new. Also with the optimizer it makes it look like it cleaned twice as much as it did because it shows the bytes from all the optimizes it has done. 

Lastely this is more of a suggestion but have you guys ever thought about making a Password Manager that can be its on application. Not just browser installed but its own thing. Also same with mobile so I don't have to download the web version you guys have made. I would rather just a Webroot Password Manager app that I can scroll through and see passwords I need. 

Thanks for your time friends,
~Legend_Bear~

(I also posted this in the pro forums first time here not use to the forums yet sorry)

(merged duplicate posts)
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hi Lengend_Bear,

Welcome to the Community Forum,

No need to be sorry it takes time to figure out where to post..even me;)

Please look here at the KB article https://community.webroot.com/t5/Webroot-SecureAnywhere-Antivirus/PC-Threats-Removed-Stats/ta-p/169855 for resetting your threats.

As @ states:
Have you ever checked exactly what files are created on a Windows operating system but from one's experience the operating system will create a varying number of temporary files and then delete them during the time that it is booted up.  You will also find that this is the case with some applications...just run SpaceSniffer for an example of this...it is contantly trying to update its view of ones disk as a result of this apparently random changes.

So if that is indeed occuring it makes sense that WSA when scanning will scan a differing number of files/objects depending on what has/is being created/delete, etc. during the scanning processs.

As for System Optimizer this creates Log files and I don't know if these can be deleted or not @ can you assist with the resetting of System Optimizer or if there is a way? I'm not aware of this.

For Password Manager you can put your idea  in the Feature Request and the more kudos the more likely it will be looked at.

Hope this helps!

Kind Regards,

Userlevel 1
Hello Friend!,
Thanks for your reply! I will look into your KB article and see how to do it. Your help was appreciated very much! I will wait for @ to reply back about the optimizer. Have a good day friend

Thanks!
~Legend_Bear~
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hi again Lengend_Bear,

You are welcome! We are happy to assist in any questions that you may have!:D

Have a great day too!

Regards,
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Hello and Welcome to the Webroot Community!

Sherry is correct there is no way to reset the Optimizer cleaned files, only a clean reinstall of WSA with a reboot in between then it starts over.

Thanks,

Daniel 😉