Did You Know?

Frequent Voice
shady

Re: Webroot Secure Anywhere Complete on Mac does not perform initial scan

Hello All,

It seems the permissions reset might have done the trick. 

I wound up reinstalling one more time, then, to my surprise, right after a full clean reinstall I had to run the permission reset anyhow.  After a reboot and verifying the integrity of the disk, I reinstalled Webroot.  I took the dmg file from the Youtube video with the installation instructions.  I was able to register the product and run a scan.

Then I rebooted, and I'm back at square one, no longer able to scan, and I cannot kill the software without going to activity monitor.

I'm going to run repair again on permissions as that seems like the key.

I'll let you guys know what I find...

thanks

shady

Please use plain text.
YegorP
Topics: 237
Kudos: 610
Solutions: 84

Thanks for the update, Shady. I also see that one of our Escalation Engineers has taken over your case and will continue to assist you via the support system. Please also keep us updated on the case and let me know if you have any more questions in the meantime.

Regards,

--Yegor P--
Social Media Content Coordinator

New to the Community? Sign up for FREE today.
Please use plain text.
Frequent Voice
shady

[ Edited ]

Punch myself in the nuts update:

I reinstalled with Apple store updated Lion (had combo update built in) and tried to install Webroot, but got same error

I remove Webroot then run permissions fix, this time there are only like three to fix. (before it was a giant list)

Reboot, reinstall Webroot... fail.  Ugh

Now with pics

Screen Shot 2013-06-07 at 12.28.06 PM.png

Screen Shot 2013-06-07 at 12.28.46 PM.png

Screen Shot 2013-06-07 at 12.28.57 PM.png

Screen Shot 2013-06-07 at 12.37.17 PM.png

Screen Shot 2013-06-07 at 12.44.33 PM.png

Please use plain text.
JimM
Topics: 299
Kudos: 1,320
Solutions: 395

Hi Shady,
Was this issue resolved by support? I took a look at the support case, and it sounds like you might have a successful installation at this point.
/// JimM ///
/// Former Community Manager - Now Humble Internet Citizen///
/// Also Formerly a Technical Support Escalations Engineer ///
Please use plain text.
Frequent Voice
shady

We wound up installing an older version of the software, and that worked.  Got some good log information about the issues with the newer version, so hopefully they can work that out.  Resolved for now, thansk guys!

Please use plain text.
practicality

Given that this problem has been around for a while now, I am shocked that Webroot still sold me this upgrade.  I have all the same problems listed in this post.  Only difference I could see is that online my Mac shows up as one PC protected--though I have none (but I assume this is just because there is no category for Mac and really isn't the problem--the fact that I can not do an av scan however is) .  

I submitted a support ticket--then checked to see if others have this problem and what I found was disappointing.

The trial product worked fine...so I purchased and upgraded a bit (not Complete, but Plus).  From what I read here, a mistake.  Have your engineers made any progress with this issue since then?  

I totally get that Mac prohibits a lot...I am already very disappointed in Mac but I lost too much to go back to Windows.  So I must find some layer of security somewhere.

Thank you 

Please use plain text.
Technical Support
Jack

[ Edited ]

Hi Practicality

As I've said on your other post I'm sorry to hear you are experiencing this issue also, it is a very rare issue but very frustrating.

I'm repeating what I said there for visibility for everyone here.

I have assigned the Support ticket you raised on the 8th to our Escalation team, they will be in touch with either instructions for a next step, or an offer to remotely connect to your computer at your convenience to help with the issue directly.

Please let us know how it turns out

Jack

Please use plain text.