Solved

Webroot SecureAnywhere has stopped working

• 28 April 2015
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 2
I was online and the following message popped up in a dialog.
"Webroot SecureAnywhere has stopped working"
Having my security software crash is very worrisome to me.
I disconnected from WiFi and rebooted.
Don't laugh too much that I'm still using Windows Vista.

Here are the details that were reported:
Problem signature:
  Problem Event Name:    APPCRASH
  Application Name:    WRSA.exe
  Application Version:    8.0.8.76
  Application Timestamp:    5522f55b
  Fault Module Name:    ntdll.dll
  Fault Module Version:    6.0.6002.19346
  Fault Module Timestamp:    55024174
  Exception Code:    c0000005
  Exception Offset:    000672ff
  OS Version:    6.0.6002.2.2.0.768.3
  Locale ID:    1033
  Additional Information 1:    fc32
  Additional Information 2:    412a815f1e29f7f8be199740ebca1705
  Additional Information 3:    7d97
  Additional Information 4:    b4d5d8120017e7684349829cc12bf6d1

I'd like to know why Webroot is crashing and if I should be worried about anything else.
Thanks in advance.
icon

Best answer by dezingg 29 April 2015, 01:21

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello dezingg,

Welcome to the Community Forum,

Would you want to try a uninstall/clean install of Webroot? And if this doesn't help then you can submit a Support Ticket free of charge with an active subscription. I can't say why you have crashed but Support would know more so.

Please do a clean reinstall of WSA and Please follow the steps closely!

• Make sure you have a copy of your 20 Character Alphanumeric Keycode! Example:SA69-AANA-A783-DE78-C584
  • KEEP the computer online for Uninstall and Reinstall to make sure it works correctly
  • Download a Copy Here (Best Buy Subscription PC users click HERE)
  • Uninstall WSA and Reboot
  • Install with the new installer, enter your Keycode and don't import any settings if asked to as you can set it up as you like once it's done
  • Let it finish it's install scan
  • Reboot once again
Please let us know if that resolves your issue?

Thanks,

Userlevel 2
Sherry,

Thanks for the detailed instructions. I'll give it a try.

Dave
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hi Dave,

Your Welcome!

Let us know how things are going okay?

Thanks!
Userlevel 2
Okay. Finished the uninstall, reboot, install, cycle.

A paranoid mind would consider that leaving a system online between the uninstall and install operations to be an opportunity for someone to sneak something into the system. I'm not sure how likely that would be.
Webroot didn't like a grampsAIO genealogy program that's on my system, but I haven't run that program in over a year. Nothing else was flagged.

So Webroot SecureAnywhere Complete is happily running again, as usual.

I've seen the "Webroot SecureAnywhere has stopped working" message once before about a month ago. With no problems reported again until today.

The only test to see if this fixed the problem would be to see if the stopped working message occurs again.

This is my third year of using Webroot SecureAnywhere Complete. I've been very happy with it. It works well and doesn't hog system resources.

Thanks for the help,

Dave

[edit: moved a paragraph and added clarification to a sentence.]
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hi Dave,

You are welcome and thanks for the update and yes let us know if you get that error message again.But I'd suggest that you submit that support ticket so they can gather logs and see why this is occuring.If you are really concerned about Webroot stopped working error mesages.

You can use this post in your reply to Webroot Support so you won't have to explain things all over again and then they will know what you have tried. (https://community.webroot.com/t5/Webroot-SecureAnywhere-Complete/Webroot-SecureAnywhere-has-stopped-working/m-p/198892#M12065)

Kind Regards,
Userlevel 5
How are you supposed to uninstall SecureAnywhere when Webroot will not load in the first place?  I selected uninstall via the Web Console, but since Webroot isn't loading, I am unable to right click on the icon on the system tray to tell it to refresh the configuration which would immediately launch the uninstall process.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Can you please Submit a Support Ticket and they will help you get it sorted or if you like you can call see here: http://www.webroot.com/us/en/company/contact-us

Thanks,

Daniel 😉