Solved

Webroot Toolbar Fix

• 13 August 2016
  • 3 replies

Dear Support Experts,

Downloaded the subject app and have not been able to extract it from the zipped folder.  Earlier this past week, someone, not certain whom, went through my computer and did what amounted to a ring and valve job.  The computer got back on track, but the zipped folders (plural) remain on my desktop.  I've lost my wallpaper-screen-shot-picture, and still do not have the capability to access the Webroot Toolbar to utilize the Webroot Password Manager.

If someone has time to help me with this issue, would you send me an email?  Quite frankly I kinda get the feeling I'm a bother.  Maybe so; however, I'm not a tech wiz I'm trying to learn each day so I'll be able to help someone else.  That being said, if I've managed to incite someone's sensibilities...it's a hazard of getting older.  In the meantime, I'll be expecting an email.

Salutations,

Cuzinmae 
icon

Best answer by cuzinmae 21 August 2016, 02:16

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello cuzinmae,

Welcome and you are not a bother by no means. Please try this below for the Password Toolbar fix:

You can download it for here.  

Once downloaded launch it by clicking on the executable, and you should see the following, if then that is fine and you should click on 'Run':

which should then take you to the following dialog:

on which you should choose/check the option 'Repair/Install the Webroot Toolbar' and then press 'Start'.

That should initiate the fix process and you just have to wait for it to finish, close the dialog and then check in your browser to see if the Password Manager Toolbar icon is now visible.  If the fix has been successful you should see the following greyed out icon in a toolbar at the top of the IE browser page:

One then double clicks on that so that the login dialog is presented, etc.

Please check the above out and come back if anything is not clear or if it does not help/respond to your query.

Note: This will not work in Microsoft Edge. Webroot is currently awaiting that MS allow addons/extensions to be used with Edge. Please see HERE for a KB Article on the subject.

Also I am not sure how to fix your wallpaper screen. What operating system are you using. Windows 10?

You can always Submit a Support Ticket free of charge with an active Webroot subscription. They will gladly assist.

Hope this helps?
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hi thrre cuzinmae,

This might help you to find your wallpaper?

To find the location of Windows wallpaper images, open File Explorer and navigate to C:WindowsWeb. There, you'll find separate folders labeled Wallpaper and Screen. The Screen folder contains images for the Windows 8 and Windows 10 lock screens. Also, you' can open the Start Menu and select Settings. Once in the Personalization menu, you should find that Background is the first option and already selected. Another way is from the Taskbar. In the latest version of the Windows 10  a taskbar section has been added to the Personalization tab. You'll reach this section if you right-click on the taskbar and click Settings.
My toolbar is fixed, I guess??  I cannot locate it on AT&T Yahoo.  The icon for Webroot is on my screen, and in my toolbar at the bottom of my screen.  My screen picture is back, and you guys did a miracle restoration job...change your repair team's name to, Lazarus (sp) Miracle Tech Team (LMTT).

I went into Webroot (the big program) to check out the Password Manager.  I wanted to sign up for this, but I could not.  My husband, roomie and main squeeze, Ric's,  name was already in the name space!  He has his own computer down in his man-cave.  His email address Is: (<EDITED e-mail removed for security reasons>)   I would like to see if I could sign up for Password Manager, without messing the whole program up.

Tell the Tech Experts they're slicker 'n  a lizard's lips!!!  Where I come from, that's high praise.  (Do not want anyone to get offended, ya know.)  I truly appreciate all the hard work they've done for me. 

Want to know why I didn't get in touch with you earlier?  I didn't want to tell you good folks anything negative after you'd gone to all that trouble. I'm sorry, please forgive me.

Cuzinmae