Solved

Webroot account issues

• 21 August 2013
  • 4 replies

So okay, I haven't been on here for awhile but I have a minor problem. I have SecureAnywhere Complete (ofcourse) with 5 Devices (mobile and PC) that I can activate with my one keycode. Basically.. I want to let my dad and my ex girlfriend be added onto my account so that they can use Webroot. I have added them on my master account as their own separate accounts since I don't want them to be admins of the master account have have the ability to view my saved passwords and information.

Do the 1/5 account activations get used up when they confirm their account through their email and try to install Webroot?
-I have done this with my dad but when I download and run Webroot it makes me put in a keycode, so then I have to dig out my only keycode I have - and then after doing this does it mean that he is using my master account or his own account if he uses the same keycode?

--- Side question (the more important question in this problem), I have used my single keycode with my dad's PC as well as it is on my own PC too, but when I log into my account it only says that there is one activated PC instead of 2 (whereas earlier today when I didn't have other accounts and I just activated his PC on my master account it shown as 2 activated PC's but then I deactivated it so that I could use the accounts for a more secure master account.

How do I make his computer appear? Also when my ex girlfriend installs her webroot using my keycode, will hers show up on the activated list?
icon

Best answer by shorTcircuiT 21 August 2013, 03:13

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Hello InternalMemory and welcome back!

When your dad confirms his account via email, it will give him his own login into the Console.  That user profile he is using will indeed use 1 of your 5 licenses, and it will use your same key code.  You as the main Admin of the account can edit his permissions in terms of what he can and cannot do in the Console and what components he can use. (Backup & Synch, Password Management, Mobile devices, etc )

My brother uses one of my license seats, but I am able to control what Console permissions he has.

As for why your Dad's computer is not yet showing, you might need to run a scan on it first.  Sometimes a new PC is not shown until that first scan is run.  Also, if his is a MAC not a PC, it will not show at this time.  Lastly, if you have deactivated his PC previously, you may need to reactivate it in order to see it.  Check out this KB Article on that.

I hope this all helps, but if not let me know and I will gladly try again!  :)
Thank you for the welcome back! and the swift reply. I love you for this, you always make support with webroot a breeze lol. I think I would rate webroot as one of the best because of fast support responses and in large part that would be because of you it seems lol.

I was able to reactivate his PC even though when I would do a scan on his computer before doing so, it was still able to scan and have full use of Webroot even though his PC wasn't on the "Activated PC's list". Hopefully now, I should be able to do a scan on his computer from mine?

Will my ex girlfirends computer show up on my Activated PC's list also when she does it?
Userlevel 7
I think the answer is yes to all of the above :)

Now that you reactivated his, the commands are available and will work. Please note, they are not instant. The command will launch the next time his computer contacts the Webroot Cloud for any reason, so it can have a bit of a delay.

Once Webroot is on her computer and the initial scan run, it may be up to 30 minutes before the Console is updated to list hers, but it will get there and allow you use of commands on that computer as well. 🙂
Thank you lots 🙂 Now I just have to wait until she considers Webroot, and accepts her email.