Webroot and Opera

Userlevel 2
Does webroot protect the Opera Browser? Thanks in advance.

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi Goober78

WSA protects users from online threats irrespective of the browser used, i.e., if visiting a website eneds up in an attempt at a driveby downlaod of a malicious payload then WSA will intercept the payload as it tries to activate.

However, the Web Shield, i.e., Identity Protection, etc. will not cover Opera by default or straight out of the box, so to speak. One has to add the browser application/exe under the Shield.

To understand how to do that please refer to this section of the online help, an post back if you have any diffculties or questions.

Regards, Baldrick

Userlevel 2
Thank you Baldrick. I appreciate the info.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ Even thought Opera is not Officially supported by Webroot but it is Chrome based so you can try to install the Extensions from the Chrome store and see if they will install?

Web Filtering Extension: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/webroot-filtering-extensi/kjeghcllfecehndceplomkocgfbklffd?utm_source=chrome-app-launcher-info-dialog

Password Manager: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/webroot-password-manager/ngkhgikojglcgnckopipfdajaifmmnnc?utm_source=chrome-app-launcher-info-dialog

And please let us know if that works. Also do as Baldrick said by adding it to the Identity Shield.

Thanks,

Daniel ;)

Userlevel 7
Good points there, Daniel...thanks for the pick up...I completely forgot about those...;)

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Yeppers! If it's Chrome Based or Firefox Based browsers then some of the work around's could work! But again it's all Unofficial!

Daniel 😉
Userlevel 2
Thanks Daniel. All appreciated.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
Thanks Daniel. All appreciated.
Did you get them installed and is it working? As it could help other users of Opera.

Thanks,

Daniel
Userlevel 2
Actually I have not attempted to yet. I really feel secure just having my WSAC up and running smoothly on my pc with out the add ons but, thanks so much and if and when I do attempt it I'll post it. Thanks again so much for being so helpful.
Userlevel 2
Appreciaye the info Tripplefelix thanks.
Userlevel 2
TripleHelix I meant. I'm sorry about the misspell