Webroot blocking LastPass

• 14 September 2014
  • 8 replies

When I try to use LastPass to enter a stored password I get the message typeerror: C is undefined
What can I do to allow LastPass to do its job without interference from webroot?

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi doyledh

You need to check in WSA that it is not blocking a file or part of Lastpass.  There three likely locations to check and this Knowledge Base article explains each, the differences bewtween each and how to set each should you find that a component of Lastpass is being blocked.

Start there and come back here if that does not help. However, my suspicion is that this may be a LastPass bug and you can check that by uninstalling WSA and seeing if the issue remains.

Regards, Baldrick
I tried slogging through the knowledge base, and found no resolution. I uninstalled webroot and now Lastpass works fine.  So, this is apparently a webroot bug and one that is specific to only one of my computers. The other two I work on do not give me the type error: C is undefined message from Webroot. 

What next?  Shall I try reinstalling webroot now? 
Can you tell me the best way to do that?
thanks

Userlevel 7
Hello doyledh, welcome back!

Lets try something....

Please reinstall Webroot.  Just use the download link below in my signature for PC.

Then, go into all browsers that you use, and check what add-ons extensions are installed and enabled.

In every browser that has the Webroot Password Manager enabled, please disable it and remove it.

The Webroot Password Manager is actually a modified version of LastPass, so WSA itself is not interfering, but if both the WSA Password Manager AND the LastPass are installed and active, that just might be causing the problem.

Give it a try and see what happens, let us know if it helps!

EDIT:  You might also consider uninstalling LastPass and reinstalling it AFTER you have removed the Webroot Password Manager.
OMG, how do I find my keycode?  .... nevermind, I found it!
Userlevel 7
You can do a couple of things to locate your key code.

Click your emai address at the upper right
Select Manage Key Codes
All of your key codes, active and expired, will be listed here.

Also, you can request to have the key code emailed to you at THIS LINK.

LOL, I see you edited your post 🙂  SO I am going to edit mine too.  Tag or bookmark this reply so that you know how for the future  :)
It all appears to be working properly now. Webroot password manager IS disabled (I did not have to change that) and I'm not getting that extremely annoying BOING whenever I try to prompt LastPass to fill in my password.
I wonder if everything would work more smoothly by just adopting Webroot password management and deleting LastPass as a separate program?  For reasons I do not fully recall, I subscribed to premium membership in LastPass.  Would I be getting somethign less, or more, if I just used Webroot?  
Your advice, opinion is welcome.

Userlevel 7
Thank you for they reply!  While I am glad to know it is working.. you post some pretty good questions here.

While the core code and database format of WSA's and LastPass is the same, WSA IS a modified form.  I am pretty sure that LastPass Premium does provide some features that the WSA Password Manager does not.

To be quite honest, I looked into that around a year or so ago, and while the LastPass premium did have some features WSA did not at that time, I really didn't need anyting more than what the WSA version had.

I think the best thing to do is for you to look at LastPass website, look over the features they offer, and decide if it is worth paying for or if you want to convert over to WSA.  You can always go back and forth between the two as you are making the decision.
Good advice. I will look into this and in the meantime go with what I got.